Seeing some posts, I started to imagine what certain periods were like for Mary. The original grouping were friends who came up together and achieved much success. I would think it must have been very hard for Mary to see her two friends take such different paths and leave her. I am sure the feelings were very different as three friends conquering the show business world then to lose Florence while Diana focused on her future aspirations while inside the group. I am sure once Florence left and Diana was with Berry she must have felt very alone. She has stated it felt different once Flo left and that Cindy was one of the nicest human beings that it changed the feelings of 3 friends together. Once Diana left and they chose Jean, it was more about the group as a business. It was more what will work best for success. Starting the new Supremes she was with relatively 2 new people and was no longer with the others that she formed.The original Supremes became friends as young people, now Motown was choosing members. They no longer formed the group, the group was being formed for them. Plus, Mary has even stated that Motown was worried about how Florence was feeling and worried about Diana but during the problems they had, no one worried about her. That had to have hurt her. Plus, once Cindy left and they chose Lynda it was for the business. Once Jean and Lynda left, Mary must have felt very alone. Fortunately, she became friends with Cindy and she was there for her to come back. Mary searched for a replacement and chose Scherrie for her looks and voice. It turned out that Scherrie was also very nice and Mary said this grouping was perhaps the nicest. Once Cindy left, Mary's husband was managing since she felt Motown did not care about her or the group and he found Susaye. Still, by this time Mary wanted to show the world her talents and this group had 3 talented, very headstrong people. It was no longer 3 friends who came up together to conquer the World. Of course, Flo's passing had to have affected both Mary and Diana. I think everyone neglects how all of this must have made Mary feel. I think it had to be tough but she realized she was an entertainer and that she loved to sing no matter what. I give her much credit for her strength and resilience during what must have been very hard for her professionally and personally.