[REMOVE ADS]

Dont you wanna go...

Up the Ladder--Im assuming this was Ed Sullivan-watch Mary's face at very end-she seems to be saying"Oh thank God we did it!!"-and so does the audience! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njai3...eature=related

I love this performance but I always thought she was checking out the monitor to make sure Jean was not blocking her face.

Yes, I always noticed that same thing Luke. It seems like Mary was very happy with the reception they received from the audience. I think this was their first major TV appearance, so it was almost like the make it or break it performance. She looks overjoyed knowing, "We did it! They love us!" I could tell Mary felt the same way at the end of their performance of "All I Want" on the Sonny & Cher show. There was new life in The Supremes again and you could tell they felt victorious because of the audience's positive reception. It meant The Supremes were back!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Up the Ladder--Im assuming this was Ed Sullivan-watch Mary's face at very end-she seems to be saying"Oh thank God we did it!!"-and so does the audience! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njai3...eature=related
    I believe that is exactly what she was thinking. I know we all were watching that night and felt the same way.