[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    their duet of LIATM on "Oprah" is fantastic you can hear Brandy tell Diana "Come on sing with me" before she starts her part of the song its as if she knew Diana was not in a good place at this time in her life..and i love brandy calling her "Miss Ross" when the duet ends a nice touch of respect..I think "Someone That You Loved Before" could have been a UK hit single sadly,as we know Diana just wasnt well enough to promote this album..

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    their duet of LIATM on "Oprah" is fantastic you can hear Brandy tell Diana "Come on sing with me" before she starts her part of the song its as if she knew Diana was not in a good place at this time in her life..and i love brandy calling her "Miss Ross" when the duet ends a nice touch of respect..I think "Someone That You Loved Before" could have been a UK hit single sadly,as we know Diana just wasnt well enough to promote this album..
    Well stated; I remember that appearance.

Sadly,as we know Diana just wasnt well enough to promote this album..
    She was more focussed on the financial rewards the Return To Love Tour might have to offer. Although Diana sounded great during this live duet, l always thought she looked looked a little awkward and uncomfortable.

the next day after the Oprah apperance it was announced she was divorcing which she didnt want she tried to throw herself into The Supremes reunion i believe she was on a gross percentage i dont think she did it for money - I think she just wanted a more positive path sadly it only added to her fractured well being when her mother was gravely ill in '84 she continued touring to keep herself going then work was her refuge from grief by 2000 negative press divorce t boys murder being thrown in a cell then the reunion disaster broke her..it wasnt one thing..she needed counselling to deal with all the issues sellout tours and hit records were not going to fix her

the next day after the Oprah apperance it was announced she was divorcing which she didnt want she tried to throw herself into The Supremes reunion i believe she was on a gross percentage i dont think she did it for money - I think she just wanted a more positive path sadly it only added to her fractured well being when her mother was gravely ill in '84 she continued touring to keep herself going then work was her refuge from grief by 2000 negative press divorce t boys murder being thrown in a cell then the reunion disaster broke her..it wasnt one thing..she needed counselling to deal with all the issues sellout tours and hit records were not going to fix her
    Its a touching sentiment nomis, but i tend to think the Return To Love Tour had a little more to do with monetary gain then a distraction from divorce procedures. Diana is first and foremost a business woman. Had all gone well she was was set to earn a vast amount.
    I agree in that this was a very difficult time for her. I think we were all a little relieved when she eventually came through.