[REMOVE ADS]

Diana seems to be rescheduling her tour

Diana Ross Reschedules Eden Project Show To June 2021

https://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/229916/9

Diana Ross, Lewis Capaldi, Snow Patrol, Lionel Richie And Duran Duran To Play Lytham Festival 2021

https://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/229903/9

Yep - just saw another take - be great if every cancelled/postponed event - like the Olympics from 2020 will take place exactly a year later - but only time will tell

https://www.classicpopmag.com/2020/1...-set-for-2021/

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Diana Ross Reschedules Eden Project Show To June 2021

https://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/229916/9

Diana Ross, Lewis Capaldi, Snow Patrol, Lionel Richie And Duran Duran To Play Lytham Festival 2021

https://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/229903/9
    Don't get too excited. It's a calculated and unscrupulous way for the promoters to extract more money out of the longsuffering public. The situation will have to dramatically improve before she flies to the UK to do these dates. The Lytham festival is a wonderful event and very close to my home. It has attracted some big names over the past few years, but i am very sceptical about it going ahead.
    I am not being a killjoy. I am being honest and realistic.
    Last edited by Bluebrock; 10-26-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Sadly I think Bluebrock has called it right.

Goodness knows when Ticketmaster will refund our money for the cancelled UK tour - we've over £700 to get back.

I very much doubt there will be any major events in the UK next year.

Bluebrock and Florence have it right - all the Annual General Meetings in the first half of next year are cancelled already; it's highly unlikely concerts are going to go ahead. Certainly wouldn't happen in Canada I'd say.

I suspect we will not see concerts anywhere until a vaccine proves effective. Most of the shows I had scheduled for this year have been cancelled but a few have been moved to next year. I'm praying but I wouldn't be surprised if they are cancelled outright.

Postponing them is probably just giving Ticketmaster and similar outlets the chance to retain the money without giving a refund until they absolutely have to. They must be pulling their hair out with all of the cancellations.

And then there's still the matter of social distancing.

New Music

I know new music was planned for 2020. Any word on new music for 2021. Any word if new music if it will be on Decca Records.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I suspect we will not see concerts anywhere until a vaccine proves effective. Most of the shows I had scheduled for this year have been cancelled but a few have been moved to next year. I'm praying but I wouldn't be surprised if they are cancelled outright.

Postponing them is probably just giving Ticketmaster and similar outlets the chance to retain the money without giving a refund until they absolutely have to.
    Can people get their money back by saying the new date does not work for me? I think they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Can people get their money back by saying the new date does not work for me? I think they can.
    I believe so. But I've also seen instances where the buyer had to request the refund from Ticketmaster by a certain date so it doesn't pay to delay.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Sadly I think Bluebrock has called it right.

Goodness knows when Ticketmaster will refund our money for the cancelled UK tour - we've over £700 to get back.

I very much doubt there will be any major events in the UK next year.
    I got mine back very quickly. I mean, it was like a day after I requested the refund. And it was done with grace - I was very surprised, having read horror stories. Have you actually requested a refund? They did initially move my tickets to the rescheduled dates, but I am not happy with Ticketmaster holding over £700 of my money for over 12 months, so I asked for a refund.

Regarding ticket refunds, there was a recent news article about ticket cash being held in escrow-of-sorts by rather shady foreign investment parties; I'll try to locate that piece and post it here.

Regarding Our Miss Ross, it is my guess that Covid-19 has ended her public career [[and probably many others of her era). My best estimate is that 2021 will be an entire 'lost' year, with [[hopefully) intermittent returns to pre-Corona activities beginning in earnest [[hopefully) a year from now. It's by belief that lots of our beloved, later-life performers will have decided that it's time to call it a career. I would LOVE to be proven incorrect!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Regarding ticket refunds, there was a recent news article about ticket cash being held in escrow-of-sorts by rather shady foreign investment parties; I'll try to locate that piece and post it here.

Regarding Our Miss Ross, it is my guess that Covid-19 has ended her public career [[and probably many others of her era). My best estimate is that 2021 will be an entire 'lost' year, with [[hopefully) intermittent returns to pre-Corona activities beginning in earnest [[hopefully) a year from now. It's by belief that lots of our beloved, later-life performers will have decided that it's time to call it a career. I would LOVE to be proven incorrect!
    I have previously advised fellow members to think twice before parting with their money for shows such as these.
    It is my understanding that Diana will almost certainly not be resuming live dates anytime soon, and i would reluctantly agree with you on the chances of her ever returning to the stage. As things stand there is a less than 1% chance of this tour going ahead. If people wish to take a chance and purchase tickets then by all means go ahead. It's your money and your choice, but i suspect it will end in disappointment. That's all i can say at this moment.

This would be a great extended sessions opportunity for Ms.Ross, as Ella Fitzgerald did with Joe Pass, to do a great jazz album with a jazz guitarist! With minimal recording production cast, let's do this: "Diana Ross and The Zoom Jazz Sessions".

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    This would be a great extended sessions opportunity for Ms.Ross, as Ella Fitzgerald did with Joe Pass, to do a great jazz album with a jazz guitarist! With minimal recording production cast, let's do this: "Diana Ross and The Zoom Jazz Sessions".
    Actually, a great idea. I have the Ella/Pass lps on the 'record album' form and think they are a joy.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Actually, a great idea. I have the Ella/Pass lps on the 'record album' form and think they are a joy.
    They most certainly are my friend. Ella could have sung the phone book and made it sound remarkable. There is a very good reason why she was known as the first lady of song. She set the standard that others aspire too, but rarely get to within a country mile of.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    They most certainly are my friend. Ella could have sung the phone book and made it sound remarkable. There is a very good reason why she was known as the first lady of song. She set the standard that others aspire too, but rarely get to within a country mile of.
    Ella is of course wonderful, but l prefer Sarah Vaughn. I consider her a more versatile singer and for me the First Lady of jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Ella is of course wonderful, but l prefer Sarah Vaughn. I consider her a more versatile singer and for me the First Lady of jazz.
    I love Sarah too. I saw her in concert in the 80's. Sadly i never got to see Ella. Both were wonderful and unique performers and i can understand why some would prefer Sarah.

I love Sarah too. I saw her in concert in the 80's. Sadly i never got to see Ella. Both were wonderful and unique performers and i can understand why some would prefer Sarah.
    Lucky you. Unfortunately I never got to see Sarah live. I actually prefer her mid 70’s and 80’s recordings to those of her early years. Sarah, Ella, Billie and Cleo Laine. They don’t seem to make singers like that anymore.

Lucky you. Unfortunately I never got to see Sarah live. I actually prefer her mid 70’s and 80’s recordings to those of her early years. Sarah, Ella, Billie and Cleo Laine. They don’t seem to make singers like that anymore.
    I also prefer Sarah's later work too.
    You mentioned Cleo Laine. I know Cleo quite well. She celebrated her 93rd Birthday earlier this week. Lovely, kind, sweet and talented lady.

I also prefer Sarah's later work too.
    You mentioned Cleo Laine. I know Cleo quite well. She celebrated her 93rd Birthday earlier this week. Lovely, kind, sweet and talented lady.
    Oh my goodness, i adore Cleo Laine. I have seen her in concert many many times over the years so am really pleased to hear she is a nice person.
    Regarding Sarah, love me some Brazilian Romance.

... and I love[[d) that Ella [[as well as Sarah) facilitated the natural changes in their voices in later years. Instead of pointless worry about making 'hit' albums these artists instead concentrated on making great albums.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 10-31-2020 at 09:10 AM.

Oh my goodness, i adore Cleo Laine. I have seen her in concert many many times over the years so am really pleased to hear she is a nice person.
    Regarding Sarah, love me some Brazilian Romance.
    Sadly she is poor health now, but she will always be an icon to many people. Great lady.

Wonder if the tour will ever kick off now.
    Most venues will remain closed until late 2021

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Wonder if the tour will ever kick off now.
    Most venues will remain closed until late 2021
    Almost certainly not David.

Don't get too excited. It's a calculated and unscrupulous way for the promoters to extract more money out of the longsuffering public.
    Absolutely right. I have a ticket for her 02 concert this year. I never even received an email to say it was postponed and would I like my money back. Nothing. So they still have my money. And will it happen in 2021? I'm not betting on it.