[REMOVE ADS]

Bass Guitarist Jimmy Williams passes away

https://www.soultracks.com/story-jim...s-bassist-dies Was part of the O'Jays band for over 40 years.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; 10-22-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Jimmy, along with Babbitt, took over a lot of the PIR and other Philly work replacing Ronnie Baker...RIP...

Very talented guy. Started off as vocalist before sticking to the bass. Did a lot of great stuff as part of MFSB ,/ Philly International set up. I guess "Ain't No Stopping Us Now" is a fine example of his virtuosity and creativity although he did a whole lot more of fine work

Hi everybody. Jimmie was on the session Bobby Eli and myself did in Philly/2008 [[see photo). When we recorded 'Soul Recession' [[Double Exposure), he told us he wanted the bass line to have elements of 'Bad Luck' in it. The stories he and the others could tell, amazing. Also in the photo's, Bobby Eli, Earl Young, Rikkie Hicks, Dennis Harris, T G Conway and myself.

Name:  Philly Sess2008Studio.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  88.4 KB
    Last edited by 55Motown; 11-03-2020 at 02:11 PM.