[REMOVE ADS]

Four Tops, Working on New Material - Advance Notice!!

Good to hear this morning that The Four Tops are working on new material, new lead singer Alexander Morris was speaking on Applause Radio!

The new CD will be out near the end of 2021 or at the start of 2022 — and, fingers crossed, depending on the pandemic!

If you want to check out the interview with Alexander! it is the second interview.

https://www.blogtalkradio.com/magica...er-from-4-tops

That's wonderful news & I look forward to hearing the latest from The Four Tops when it comes out. Thanks Jaybs for the news.

Two questions...........Will CDs still be around then? [[Hope so but I see evidence to the contrary); and why would it take that long to complete one if they are already working on it?

Yes I still think CD's will be around, especially for artists like The Four Tops! and their market, I find it difficult to understand why late 2021 or 2022 for a release? are they just edging on for fans not to expect with Covid?

I know i'm gonna get tarred and feathered for this,but when levi passed the four tops did too.

You are right; these groups of Tops and Temptations even are very nice tribute groups to the originals - but what they were and what they are have no relation or comparison to each other

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I know i'm gonna get tarred and feathered for this,but when levi passed the four tops did too.
    I agree! I have to admit I never missed a UK Tour, but only been one since Levi passed! and it didn't interest me after that first concert. I will of course be interested what they sound like with new material.

So basically the same time frame as Mary Wilson's "Clarity" CD?

Should have Levi on a few cuts

They need to do what they did with John Lennon and find some never released Levi songs and have them re worked with the current team. That would be very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by tmd View Post
    They need to do what they did with John Lennon and find some never released Levi songs and have them re worked with the current team. That would be very cool.
    Now that would be phenomenal. I'd love that.

For me the Four Tops & Temptations ceased to be thee Four Tops & thee Temptations years ago. Yes there is one original member in both but I have no interest in them whatsoever and I believe that applies to most fans of the real mccoy!