[REMOVE ADS]

Who's the Real Daughter of Florence Ballard blog

https://akashimedia.wordpress.com/20...laine-ballard/

Popping in to leave this link here, as I'm certain some of you will be as outraged as I am.

As a huge fan of Florence's voice and her immeasurable contribution to my very favorite singing group, I am always so excited whenever she finds her way into even a brief mention from an unexpected source. While it's debatable that during Flo's tenure in the group that it was Mary who was often lost in the shuffle of the big personalities, egos and group identity of Florence and Diana, in death, at least to me, it is Flo who is often lost in the conversation between warring factions of Supremes fans and even general music fans: one group using Flo as a punching bag, while the other uses her as a weapon, neither group respecting Flo for the artist that she was.

So whenever I run across any mention of Flo, even a devoted fan's blog or even a fan made Youtube video, it typically gives me a good feeling. [[Although I try to avoid the comment sections of Youtube Flo/Supremes videos like the plague, and I'm sure you all know why.) When I saw this posting about who is the real Nicole, I had hoped that this was someone finally shining a light on the nutjob that is "Variety Chenevert". Instead it's a long delusional read, almost 100 percent sure written by the imposter herself, seeking to convince the reader that some sinister switch took place after Florence's death in which "Variety" was given to someone else, and another child- whom we all know as the real Nicole- was put in her place. It's a sickening read for many reasons, not the least of which is that low information readers might happen upon it [[and the videos of the subject on Youtube) and spread it as fact. I'm unaware if any of the Chapman girls, or their children, know about this nutcase, but if so, I have to imagine how difficult these kinds of lies must be regarding their family.

Part of me wants to have compassion for "Variety". She can't be mentally stable doing this. No shade to Florence, but her contribution to music history is largely regarded as a backing vocalist in the biggest female group in history. She left that group and entered a short lived, unsuccessful solo career, and ultimately ended up a cautionary tale about how "low" one can fall after once being a star. This is typically not the kind of legend that imposters attach themselves to. If anything one might expect this sort of nonsense from someone claiming to be Diana Ross' child. So clearly this chick aint playing with a full deck. On the other hand, in this age of "the internet can make anyone famous", pulling crazy stunts doesn't necessarily mean one is mentally incapable of separating fact from fiction, but is instead a somewhat calculating opportunist, looking to glean some attention from an unlikely source.

Don't know what's going on here, but figured this is the only group of people I "know" who would possibly care about this and perhaps share in my disgust. Sorry for the long rant. Hope everyone is well.

It is reprehensible behavior, but I am sure stars and their families are used to it. This kinda crap proliferates everywhere as people seek to latch onto fame and fortune. It is a fine line between ignoring it and addressing it. Sometimes the latter gives the offender the oxygen they need.

What surprises me is that this nut job thinks there is anything left to be gained by this. I don't think there is any estate, royalties can't be more than a few shekels a year, and how many people know who the actual daughters of Flo are [[none of them are famous)? I guess grifters are everywhere always.

I have compassion for this lady, as it is clear there is some sort of mental illness at play, whether it is distorting her view of reality or she is intentionally creating a new reality to escape from her own. Best not to spend much time or attention on her online content, as it's a cry for help. I hope she finds peace.

i chatted with this nut on facebook years ago....eeeyeeaahhh not one of my proudest moments

Also how does she "Know" all this "Genealogy"? Is she a stalker of the Chapman-Ballard Family? If she did, then how come she doesn't know Flo's grandson "Appleton" and also Flo's nephew "Omar-S"?

And furthermore, how did she know the pre-DMF Primettes as well as the ones that recorded after DMF went to Motown?

HER NOSE AND EYEBROWS don't match her "childhood" ones.

She needs to be on a talk show, trash or no trash.
    Last edited by IMissFlo93; 10-21-2020 at 08:48 AM.

I think this has been discussed in detail before.

But speaking of Flo's REAL daughter, whatever happened to her book that was coming out this year? Wasn't it supposed to hit shelves in May or June?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post

But speaking of Flo's REAL daughter, whatever happened to her book that was coming out this year? Wasn't it supposed to hit shelves in May or June?
    I suspect covid 19 is largely responsible for any delays, along with many other books, movies and tv shows.

Ranran I can understand you outrage 100% but the worst thing we can do is go deeper into it. Mental or not this person lives on getting reactions from other people. The more attention she gets the more she's probably going to believe it. She needs her family and friends to sort her out and us/ social media and other forms of media to ignore her.

Im sorry but that lady is as crazy as a loon. May God bless her tortured heart.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post

there is a book out called supreme exit. Flos life after the supremes by a nicole. It's on Amazon not sure its t real nicole or an imposter I'll take another look

This is all just BS and should be treated as such. No one gives it any energy because no one wants to grant this lady the publicity it does not deserve.