[REMOVE ADS]

Chaka Khan - Demure, as always!!

Love 'ya, Chaka, but ... Well, we can't say you're dishonest! Love the Live lp, btw. You've still got it!

Wow! Thanks for sharing this interview with Chaka Khan. I can understand why she doesn't have any interest in singing with Women right now but here's a Woman that she did a background vocal for back in the day; Joni Mitchell's "Dreamland" from 1977.

https://youtu.be/MLTJZBKi3Wc

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Wow! Thanks for sharing this interview with Chaka Khan. I can understand why she doesn't have any interest in singing with Women right now but here's a Woman that she did a background vocal for back in the day; Joni Mitchell's "Dreamland" from 1977.

https://youtu.be/MLTJZBKi3Wc
    That's a great cut, isn't it? I've read that Joni and Chaka have remained in-contact friends. As different as they may seem they are both outspoken, honest women so I kinda 'get it'.

I have always liked her honesty too, but lately it just seems like she's always running her mouth and complaining about something or somebody. Lol. First of all, it's funny she said "fuck her", under her breath, when asked about Ariana Grande. What makes it even more funny is that they did a song together recently, but I guess she doesn't remember. I remember a few years back, she also called Beyonce a bitch, perhaps in a loving way. Although I think one of these days, she's running the risk of pissing off the wrong person. Some other recent complaints I've heard was her complaining about having a bad time at Oprah's Legends Ball because her custom suit didn't fit and was too tight, so she was super uncomfortable and now in this interview, she's complaining about some pink suit she wore, that she hated, for her Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony. Get it together, Queen. Lol. 'Ain't nobody' to blame but yourself. Also, Ms. Chaka... take down those cheap looking monetizing ads on your website.

Ok this one was funny about her not sleeping with Prince...lol

https://youtu.be/E1fXg2pS8Rk

Here she briefly talks about the song with Ariana Grande and admits she's a great singer...

https://youtu.be/08usOVJS77Q

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I have always liked her honesty too, but lately it just seems like she's always running her mouth and complaining about something or somebody. Lol. First of all, it's funny she said "fuck her", under her breath, when asked about Ariana Grande. What makes it even more funny is that they did a song together recently, but I guess she doesn't remember. I remember a few years back, she also called Beyonce a bitch, perhaps in a loving way. Although I think one of these days, she's running the risk of pissing off the wrong person. Some other recent complaints I've heard was her complaining about having a bad time at Oprah's Legends Ball because her custom suit didn't fit and was too tight, so she was super uncomfortable and now in this interview, she's complaining about some pink suit she wore, that she hated, for her Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony. Get it together, Queen. Lol. 'Ain't nobody' to blame but yourself. Also, Ms. Chaka... take down those cheap looking monetizing ads on your website.
    Yes, Carlo, I've heard those stories, too! Sometimes we think to ourselves 'Why doesn't [[insert name) have a higher profile in the biz, considering their talent and experience?', and [[sad to say) sometimes we get the answer 'between the lines'. No one loves a Bitter Betty! BUT - gotta say - the live 'Homecoming' album is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Yes, Carlo, I've heard those stories, too! Sometimes we think to ourselves 'Why doesn't [[insert name) have a higher profile in the biz, considering their talent and experience?', and [[sad to say) sometimes we get the answer 'between the lines'. No one loves a Bitter Betty! BUT - gotta say - the live 'Homecoming' album is excellent.
    Agreed! I also love the Homecoming CD and DVD

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Some other recent complaints I've heard was her complaining about having a bad time at Oprah's Legends Ball because her custom suit didn't fit and was too tight, so she was super uncomfortable and now in this interview, she's complaining about some pink suit she wore, that she hated, for her Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony. Get it together, Queen. Lol. 'Ain't nobody' to blame but yourself. Also, Ms. Chaka... take down those cheap looking monetizing ads on your website.
    This is one of the funniest stories of shady Chaka relayed by six-time Tony winner Audra Mcdonald -- starts @2:25.

boy that was a waste of six minutes.

glad she looks good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    boy that was a waste of six minutes.

glad she looks good though.
    LMAOOOO and I was just about to watch it. Guess I'll use that time for something else.

Good idea, Glencro - the entire interview is great and I recommend all 20+ segments.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Now that one was good !! lol!!!

Guy, that story that Audra McDonald recounted about Chaka at the Legends Ball lunch...all I can say is 'wowww' lol. Too funny!

Love me some Chaka. Her down to earth, honest and salty demeanour is really refreshing. Totally enjoyed every minute of this interview so thanks for posting.

The whole series of topics is over an hour long, time I don't often have for online viewing
    so I'm glad it was presented in segments. I was surprised by her discussion of Prince's
    passing...