[REMOVE ADS]

Concept Nine Featuring Gladys Horton Of The Marvelettes, No Escape

Wow!! Incredible...I didn't even know about this single. Looks like it was a one-off release from this group that she led in 1971. Thanks for sharing!

I liked the second song the best and it is more recognizable as being her. I had never heard of this project.

This was a shock and a half to me. Gladys certainly could have gone farther with the right
    music and musicians. When may been more recognizable as to her vocal styling but I would
    have liked a better arrangement and perhaps different instrumentation but this reminds us
    Wanda didn't have the only set of chops in the group...

Without having the information, I would not have recognized the voice as being Gladys, although it is undoubtedly she. It sounds as if her vocal was pitched up a good octave, which was not unheard of.

Never knew she recorded songs, so soon, after she left the Marvelettes. It popped up on my youtube and wondered if it had been discussed here on the forum. I like the songs but definitely needed a final polish, a slightly different mix would be better IMO. I think it would have been good for Gladys to concentrate on new projects rather than sticking with the Marvelettes songs and fighting for the use of the name.