[REMOVE ADS]

The Temptations "The Best Things In Life Are Free" on The Ed Sullivan Show

Curious song to sing.

Showing their versatility I guess. Paul’s voice was well suited to singing standards and the groups harmonies are terrific here. Have to say though, the guys outfits are a complete nightmare.

If I'm not mistaken, they performed this song on their 1969 TV special as well.

Paul was an original lead in the group even before Dennis was drafted to replace David.
    Also being that this was late 60's performance wear I don't see a problem with their
    clothes. Or the song. Any first or second era Temptations live footage and I'm all over it...
    Temptations Forever....

Those outfits are temptin late sixties cool..paul williams and the temptations forever!

The trousers look ill fitting to me. Pure white trousers with ivory white shirts!.That was never a great colour combo, even for the late 60’s. More importantly though the guys sound great.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Paul was an original lead in the group even before Dennis was drafted to replace David.
    Also being that this was late 60's performance wear I don't see a problem with their
    clothes. Or the song. Any first or second era Temptations live footage and I'm all over it...
    Temptations Forever....
    I'm right there with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    The trousers look ill fitting to me. Pure white trousers with ivory white shirts!.That was never a great colour combo, even for the late 60’s. More importantly though the guys sound great.
    Never thought I would be making comments to anyone about fashion, something I usually never discuss...Anyway, Ollie, in an age where everyday people, not entertainers,
    wear pink,purple, blue and green hair, even gray wigs on 25 years in addition to full
    body tattoos, I don't think I'd be bothered by any color clash, fabric mix match or design
    jumble any of us ever wore 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 years ago. Break out the striped elephant bell bottoms and polka dot shirts! No offense to any members who may be so
    adorned but...full face tattoos scare the mess outta me...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Never thought I would be making comments to anyone about fashion, something I usually never discuss...Anyway, Ollie, in an age where everyday people, not entertainers,
    wear pink,purple, blue and green hair, even gray wigs on 25 years in addition to full
    body tattoos, I don't think I'd be bothered by any color clash, fabric mix match or design
    jumble any of us ever wore 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 years ago. Break out the striped elephant bell bottoms and polka dot shirts! No offense to any members who may be so
    adorned but...full face tattoos scare the mess outta me...
    LOL good post splanky. Now had they worn polka dot shirts we would never even be having this discussion. I can’t say I was really bothered by it though. It was more just a casual observation. The Tempts are great.