[REMOVE ADS]

Dionne Warwick Streaming Concert, Oct.16

Thanks, Reese! The lady sure seems happy; she sure looks great in the beautiful sweater twin-set. I'm sorry to see such little interest here in the event.

We will probably tune in here at my house. It certainly solves the parking problem!!!

Dionne has been quite active during this pandemic crisis. She has done any number of appearances from her home and last weekend, she was in DC at the National Covid-19 Conference.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Thanks, Reese! The lady sure seems happy; she sure looks great in the beautiful sweater twin-set. I'm sorry to see such little interest here in the event.
    I love Dionne. She is in my top 3 favorite female vocalists, but i'm afraid her voice left the building many years ago. I will always love her fantastic legacy of music, but i find it difficult to listen to her nowadays. That is basically why i shall be giving this event a miss. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I love Dionne. She is in my top 3 favorite female vocalists, but i'm afraid her voice left the building many years ago. I will always love her fantastic legacy of music, but i find it difficult to listen to her nowadays. That is basically why i shall be giving this event a miss. Sorry.
    I like her enough, shady though she may be, that I’m going to do the 5.99 because she must be desperate. A concert for less than a cameo??? She must truly need funds.

"Shady?" Interesting terminology...........

As for her voice having left the building, Bluebrock is sadly right about that but I will still give the concert a chance, mainly because I have not seen her perform in a few years and will therefore be curious to see what she sounds like now. You gotta give the old girl credit for staying active all these years.

Dionne's show was the last concert we had the pleasure of seeing, before everything shut down with the pandemic. Definitely one to remember! We had a great time and she still delivered an entertaining show, despite the obvious change in her voice. Have always loved her and I'm so glad I finally had the chance to see her in person. I also bought a signed cd of Hot Live and Otherwise, which I framed. Who knows when we will get to properly see concerts in person again! I may possibly tune into this stream. Strange choice to do it on a weeknight though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I like her enough, shady though she may be, that I’m going to do the 5.99 because she must be desperate. A concert for less than a cameo??? She must truly need funds.
    I do believe she is in a dire financial position. That is very sad, but years of living beyond her means have contributed greatly to this situation. Her reckless spending spiralled out of control many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I do believe she is in a dire financial position. That is very sad, but years of living beyond her means have contributed greatly to this situation. Her reckless spending spiralled out of control many years ago.
    I havent seen Miss Warwick live since the 1990s so I may tune in for this as $5.99 is a bargain but im not expecting much. Years of ciggarette smoking have taken a toll on her voice. But even if 2000 people tune in thats around $12,000 which should help her out for a few months or so.