[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Fan Club Photos

Fan Club Photos

So, I found an envelope of pictures that I've had hidden away. Back in 1974, I wrote to Jerry Jaco who ran The Supremes Photo Fan Club. He wrote back to me that he was dissolving the fan club but had some pictures available for sale. He mentioned that I should contact Hazel Bethke who was Mary's assistant, which I did. He also said that The Supremes recorded an album that would include Bad Weather but when Jean and Lynda left Motown cancelled the recording. Now, they had resigned to Motown and would have a new album coming out. [[Never heard that story before!) Anyway, here are a couple of photos I got from Jerry and from Hazel. The notecard is what Hazel used for her note to me.
    Name:  HazelBethkeNote.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  30.0 KB
    Name:  Mary-Lynda.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  45.6 KB
    Name:  Supremes-GlenCampbell.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  39.0 KB
    Name:  Supremes.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  42.3 KB

I love the photo's! It's always nice when people write back and even sent you some photo's. They look stunning on each and every photo. Wonder about the album with Bad weather on it. What types on songs would they have used for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TYK1986 View Post
    I love the photo's! It's always nice when people write back and even sent you some photo's. They look stunning on each and every photo. Wonder about the album with Bad weather on it. What types on songs would they have used for it.
    I don't think there ever was an album done that Motown refused to release. I think they did a couple of tracks with Stevie Wonder in anticipation of a full album but when Bad Weather didn't track, Jean and Lynda decided to leave. At least, that's what I always heard. It was funny reading his note to me with a totally different scenario, which I don't believe was correct. BTW, I got a few other photos but they have been posted previously so I didn't scen them. It was nice to go back and see them again.

Yes I think it were the song Soft Days and another few. Remote control?? But never really thought that was a good song. Love train would have been a great add to an album if there ever was to be one.
    Like the card as well. It might not be to everyone's taste but the Supremes/butterfly design is actually very clever and good.