[REMOVE ADS]

The jones girls in concert

It has been so hard to find any live performances of The Jones Girls in concert but I've finally ran across this gem. The quality isn't the best but the ladies sound great.

Thanks for posting this, glen...Been waiting for a long time to see live footage of them...

Oh wow....thanks so much, glen.

Grand Merci and greetings from Brussels

Glen, thanks much for finding this video. I also have never seen them in action and I remember someone here asking if there was anything out there. It might have been you [[lol). Do you know the date of this concert? Hopefully, more videos of them might see the light of day.
    Last edited by mr_june; 10-08-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    Glen, thanks much for finding this video. I also have never seen them in action and I remember someone here asking if there was anything out there. It might have been you [[lol). Do you know the date of this concert? Hopefully, more videos of them might see the light of day.
    This concert is from 1983. There have been several people asking about live footage from the sisters including myself. It's been so hard to find anything on them over the years. Thankfully one of their sons posted this.

A nice article published yesterday about The Jones Girls bringing Motown flavor to the Philly Soul Sound.

When they were singing as background singers for Diana Ross' world tour, which eventually took them to Philadelphia for a show, they were noticed by Kenny Gamble who immediately signed them to his Philadelphia International Records label and their journey to stardom began

https://wdet.org/posts/2020/11/17/90...ly-soul-sound/

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    A nice article published yesterday about The Jones Girls bringing Motown flavor to the Philly Soul Sound.

When they were singing as background singers for Diana Ross' world tour, which eventually took them to Philadelphia for a show, they were noticed by Kenny Gamble who immediately signed them to his Philadelphia International Records label and their journey to stardom began

https://wdet.org/posts/2020/11/17/90...ly-soul-sound/
    I remember seeing the Jones Girls when they touring with the AN EVENING WITH DIANA ROSS presentation. Throughout the show they were seated on 18-foot ladders. Then at the end, Diana called them down to center stage so that they could perform IF I EVER LOSE THIS HEAVEN.

Some serious ​singing going on here!