[REMOVE ADS]

Con Funk Shun "Confunkshunizeya: The Mercury Anthology" 2CD set [[Robinsongs UK)

Description
    Robinsongs is so proud to be releasing the first Double CD Career Anthology of the R&B supergroup Con Funk Shun.

Between January 1977 and October 1986, Con Funk Shun, a seven-piece group originating from Vallejo, a waterfront city in Northern California’s Bay Area, racked up 25 R&B hits in their native USA, including the No. 1 R&B single, ‘Ffun’. They were renowned for serving up addictive slices of brassy, dance floor funk but also had a profoundly romantic side; excelling at slow, smooth, passionate ballads. The group was driven by the twin talents of vocalists and songwriters, Michael Cooper and Felton Pilate II, whose contrasting musical characteristics would come to define the group’s distinctive sound and style.

The 32 essential tracks on Confunkshunizeya – The Mercury Anthology take us back in time to relive the group’s golden years when they were a ubiquitous presence in the American R&B charts during the late 1970s and first half of the ’80s.

The standout tracks on this compilation are as mentioned above ‘Ffun’ where we bring you the full 12” version, and the Top 10 R&B tracks ‘Shake And Dance With Me’, ‘Chase Me’, ‘Got To Be Enough’, ‘Too Tight’, ‘Baby, I’m Hooked [[Right Into Your Love)’ and ‘Burnin’ Love’, all the album versions, no single edits.

Con Funk Shun broke up as a band in the late 80’s but reformed for a one-off concert in 1993, and enjoyed the reunion so much that they started working the live circuit again and have been performing live ever since, even recording a new album in 2015.

As journalist Charles Waring describes in the sleeve notes on this package, that period in their history is vividly brought back to life by the 32 classic funk and soul jams on Confunkshunizeya – The Mercury Anthology, an indispensable career retrospective where ‘Ffun’ and a good time are guaranteed…

Tracklist
    [CD1]
    1. Sure Feels Good To Me
    2. Foley Park
    3. Doowhachawannadoo
    4. Ffun [[12” Version)
    5. Confunkshunizeya
    6. Who Has The Time
    7. Shake And Dance With Me [[Album Version)
    8. Loveshine
    9. So Easy
    10. Chase Me
    11. Da Lady
    12. [[Let Me Put) Love On Your Mind
    13. Too Tight
    14. Lady’s Wild
    15. Touch

[CD2]
    1. Got To Be Enough
    2. Happy Face
    3. Honey Wild
    4. By Your Side
    5. Bad Lady
    6. California 1
    7. Straight From The Heart
    8. Body Lovers
    9. Ms. Got-The-Body
    10. Love’s Train
    11. Ain’t Nobody, Baby
    12. You Are The One
    13. Can You Feel The Groove Tonight
    14. Baby I’m Hooked [[Right Into Your Love)
    15. Turn The Music Up
    16. Electric Lady
    17. Burnin Love

Coming 11/6/2020
    Amazon USA

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JDXBRVG/?tag=imwan-20

Amazon UK
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08JDXBRVG/?tag=imwan-21

I'm really glad this is being released but I wish they had included I'm Leaving, Baby.
    Dang, we had so many great bands in the 70's. Everyone had their own personal favorites,
    I know but with all the choices, dang, where did all that creativity go? Confunkshun, Gap
    Band, Slave, Cameo, numerous configurations of PFunk, still in the game Motown acts like
    The Temptations and early Commodores and fresh face Rick James....Dang, I've never been rich in my life but sometimes I feel like I've already lost millions....