[REMOVE ADS]

Helen Reddy has passed

I have not seen any articles that I would be able to link but it is definitely true. She died Tuesday in Los Angeles at the age of 78 after about a five-year battle with dementia.

Most known of course for her anthem "I Am Woman" but she had many other great songs. My personal faves were Ruby Red Dress, I Can't Hear You No More, and Make Love to Me.

We have lost soooooooooo many of the great ones in the last few years.

I was just about to post this when I saw your thread. Here's a link. https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/cele...?ocid=msedgdhp

Leave Me Alone [[Ruby Red Dress), Angie Baby and Killer Barracuda are just a few songs that come to mind when I think of my favorites by her.

Rest In Peace Helen Reddy. Thank you for the music.
    Last edited by sophisticated_soul; 09-30-2020 at 01:54 AM.

Yes, this sad news came to my attention late last night. And I woke up to the news of Mac Davis's passing at the same age. Another slice of my childhood. Rest in power to both and thanks.

She had such a great voice and gave us women our anthem. RIP and enjoy heaven songbird Reddy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-austr...eporting-story

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/30/91865...s-dead-aged-78

I watched the new[[ish) movie 'I Am Woman' last night in tribute to Helen.

While not the greatest film in the world, it was entertaining enough and a good performance by lead actress Tilda Cobham-Hervey[[and good, very Helen-like versions of most songs, sung by a young Australian, Chelsea Cullen).

I think you will find it on Netflix if you are interested.

Tragic loss. WOW, Helen Reddy was one of the greats.

Mac Davis .... I remember watching his TV show. He was another great one !! He wrote some great songs, a couple big hits for Elvis.

RIP Mac

More sadness . RIP Helen Reddy.

Here she is in '76 flirting with a bit of disco-funk:

I always loved this one, although because it was a theme to a movie I’m not sure it got the attention it did like some of her more signature songs.