[REMOVE ADS]

what album would you have liked them to sing?

What albums by other artists do you think would have been perfect for women either as the supremes or solo? what album would you like to hear as-is, just with diana or someone singing?

for instance

Guilty would have made a beautiful solo album for Diana. you could literally wipe Barbra's vocals and I could hear Diana one each and every track

Martha's MCA album would have been a great one IMO for Mary Wilson

so you're not changing the producer or the tracks. just the vocals

I can hear Mary Wilson's doing Sylvia Robinson's Pillow Talk. But I think the Reeves lp would be out of her range

I would love to hear Diana do With You I’m born again.

Flo it would’ve Rescue Me

Mary, I would love her to do Rockin Chair

I always wonder how would Jean sound like if she did the second Syreeta album

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    I would love to hear Diana do With You I’m born again.

Flo it would’ve Rescue Me

Mary, I would love her to do Rockin Chair

I always wonder how would Jean sound like if she did the second Syreeta album
    “Rocking Chair” is definitely the type of song that should have filled Mary’s solo album.
    It might appear a strange choice, but i would have liked to have seen Mary record James Taylor’s “Millworker” in the vein of Bette Midler.
    For Diana it has to be “Ribbon In The Sky”. It could have closed out the Ross 83 album instead of the out of place “Girls”.

As a huge Fleetwood Mac fan I would love to hear Mary, Scherrie and Cindy tackle Rumours. Just tweak the songs a bit to suit their voices. I think Scherrie could handle "Go your own way" and Mary "Dreams". Don't stop as a duet between Mary and Scherrie and maybe even give Cindy a verse. Then a group lead on the Chain with Scherrie doing the Lindsay bits because she's got the strongest voice of the 3. Not going to say this is going to be fantastic but would be interesting to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by TYK1986 View Post
    As a huge Fleetwood Mac fan I would love to hear Mary, Scherrie and Cindy tackle Rumours. Just tweak the songs a bit to suit their voices. I think Scherrie could handle "Go your own way" and Mary "Dreams". Don't stop as a duet between Mary and Scherrie and maybe even give Cindy a verse. Then a group lead on the Chain with Scherrie doing the Lindsay bits because she's got the strongest voice of the 3. Not going to say this is going to be fantastic but would be interesting to hear.
    That's a good one!

Thanks floyjoy. I was thinking about Mary Scherrie and Susaye but then Susaye doesn't really fit if they were to cover this album. Jean and Diana wouldn't be right either, for me, to cover the Lindsay songs. Songbird is also one of the best ballads by Fleetwood Mac. We can have Cindy try this one just because her surname is Birdsong .

Yeah I think the SMC line up would work really well with that album with their smooth vocals. I think Diana, Jean and Susaye's voices would have been too distinct for that project. I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan myself and it never even crossed my mind to have the Supremes go that route.

Yes I agree. They sound too distinct. Nor did it cross my mind till this topic made me think about it. Rumour has that good balance of pop/ballads for the girls to work with. So in a time that Mary wanted to take lead too it would have been perfect. Fleetwood Mac is just one of them bands that show that multiple lead singers can work just fine, despite their internal problems lol.

Also I can hear Scherrie do Right Back Where we started From. Or Love Makes a Woman

For Mary either I Love the Nightlife or Turn The Beat Around.

I think the Sweet Replies album by the Honey Cone would have been good for the Scherrie, Mary, Cindy lineup. I always felt Edna and Scherrie were similar in their styles so that would have been interesting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TYK1986 View Post
    Yes I agree. They sound too distinct. Nor did it cross my mind till this topic made me think about it. Rumour has that good balance of pop/ballads for the girls to work with. So in a time that Mary wanted to take lead too it would have been perfect. Fleetwood Mac is just one of them bands that show that multiple lead singers can work just fine, despite their internal problems lol.
    You know what though, those internal problems led to them writing some of their best songs lol.

Yes that's true. Rumours was full of song written about each other. It must have been hard singing them songs, at the time, knowing it was about him or her.

Scherrie sounds very similar on some songs she recorded for the Glass House. I always wondered how Scherrie sang Want Ads. Mary could have gone for some Roberta Flack songs. The subtle paste of the songs might have worked perfectly for her.
    Last edited by TYK1986; 10-02-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Been listening to GladysKnight and the Pips Standing Ovation album. This is a great lp. But wondering how the Supremes w Jean would have done on this? Maybe MJL instead of theJimmy Webb lp

Smile

Take A Bite Marlena Shaw!
    Especially the medley on side 1
    Last edited by jack020; 10-04-2020 at 12:25 PM.

As for a single song remake, David Soul's, "Don't Give Up on Us" would be perfect on Diana Ross' next album. Her voice still has the pristine sweet sound that she is famous for.

I would have liked to hear Mary Wilson tackle some of the songs of Sade[[like Diamond Life) or Anita Baker[[maybe Rapture of Love), I would like to hear Susaye sing Black Butterfly and Scherrie could sing The Greatest Love Of All or a Broadway tune from Wicked or maybe Let it Go from Frozen.

Not a whole album, but I would like to have heard Diana R's take on Debbie Harry's The Tide is High.