[REMOVE ADS]

intended for the Supremes

while this isn't necessarily an exhaustive list, here are a few of the tracks that were intended for the Supremes but either never recorded, vocals were wiped or the girls just didn't get to the song soon enough

which do you think really would have been good for the girls? any maybe could have done better than what the Sups were releasing at the time? any lost potential hit singles for the Sups?

One Way Out - recorded in March 66. Maybe could have been released that spring instead of Itchin?

Leave it in the hands of love - an HDH production released by MRATV on Riding High. guessing this was a 67 recording. so maybe this could have been part of Sing HDH or maybe on the Reflections album

Old Love - a 4 Tops song

I'll Turn To Stone - first recorded by the Sups but the Tops got released first. Sups recorded in spring of 66 so this could have been part of the A Go Go period. it's a good "classic" motown song but with YCHL and YKMHO coming out just months later this sounds "old fashioned" in comparison IMO

Sunshine Days - Jan 69, assigned to Sups but the Marvelettes got it. So maybe this could have been released instead of Composer or Sign. or an album track?

seeing is believing - Sept 68. Again assigned to the Sups but Marvelettes got it. I think Diana would have sounded beautiful on this. i like the song alot but not a huge fan of Wanda's headvoice on it

Diana would have sounded spectacular on "Seeing Is Believing", and it would have been a much stronger single than "The Composer". Also nice to imagine that Mary and Cindy could have done backup instead of The Andantes. "Seeing" is one of the few songs where I don't like Wanda's vocals. It's just too high for her.

I agree! i think songs like Seeing is believe combined with Discover Me, When It's To the Top, Will this be the day, till johnny comes, loving you is better than ever plus some of the unreleased tracks like Look of Love and You're Gonna come to me could have made for a stronger lp. a nice mature sound for the group

and yes!! M and C would have been wonderful on Seeing.

The Marvelettes' "Sunshine Days" should have been a single. I can't imagine that their version could have been bettered.

"Shake Me Wake Me" Levi is the bomb but The Supremes version I could not get enough of.

https://youtu.be/opozvFNwCOI?t=114