[REMOVE ADS]

Current Details on Florence Ballard movie

Thanks to Ralph for allowing me back online to clear up a few things. I am only involved peripherally with the movie on Florence but some misconceptions are occuring.

First of all, this movie is intended for theatrical release. The $3 million is a STARTING budget.

Faith Evans is no longer in the movie because of technical reasons. She is an R&B singer with limited acting ability and the role of Florence Ballard is going to be a very demanding role to play even for a seasoned performer. I equate this role with that of Billie Holiday...Flo had extremely high highs in her life and very low lows. She was loving but complicated. Mary Wilson has given her support and Diana Ross has spoken to the producer, but I don't know if she has given her blessings [[though they are technically not needed).

This movie is still being cast. The Facebook page was removed because, like in so many other cases, it was becoming an attraction site for unsubstantiated claims and rumors. For some reason there has always been high drama when it comes to the Supremes. The producer decided that until things are in full swing, to yank the page. I agree with that.

I think if everybody just sits back and let things happen, who knows...it might wind up a fitting tribute to Flo. I think some of the two most maligned people at Motown were Florence Ballard and Tommy Chapman. Say what you will about Tommy, his memory did not deserve the accusation that he was murdered in a bar room. The man died naturally and with dignity. I am assisting Michelle Ballard in obtaining Tommy's death certificate to put this to rest once and for all. I have absolutely NO respect for Tony Turner for spreading such a malicious lie about a man who never met him.

Let's all just see what happens.

Oh...the daughters are also planning a new memorial and headstone setting for their mom. I truly hope this comes to fruition.

Rick Bueche

Best of luck Rick. I am sure the wait will be worthwhile.

Thanks Rick for taking time out to clarify what's going on with the movie about Florence Ballard. We miss you around here Mr, but I understand why you no longer post on this forum. If it's not too much trouble, when everything is ironed out and ready to go, please post here again to keep us informed.
    Thanks again
    Rod

Let me be explicit that my involvment with this film has been totally MINIMAL. I spoke at length with the producer and shared my research on Florence and helped clear up some misconceptions that her memory has had to endure...namely the death of her husband and the fact that she did NOT die penniless, drunk and on welfare. We dealt with this in the MYSTERIES AND SCANDALS show I did for E some years ago.

As Al Abrams said, Florence deserves better than that. Mary Wilson was most accurate when she said, and I quote, "Many people are responsible for what happened to Flo. Flo herself is responsible. It is not something I can answer in simple yes and no questions."

Most of all I can say Florence did not die with bitterness toward Mary or Diana.

I do not plan to have any further involvment with the movie. I have a strong feeling there will be legalities and I am glad that SOME company SOMEWHERE is willing to risk this in order to tell Flo's story.

you are smart to stay away. supreme drama is the worst among fans as well as childishly embarrassing to explain to people.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Let me be explicit that my involvment with this film has been totally MINIMAL. I spoke at length with the producer and shared my research on Florence and helped clear up some misconceptions that her memory has had to endure...namely the death of her husband and the fact that she did NOT die penniless, drunk and on welfare. We dealt with this in the MYSTERIES AND SCANDALS show I did for E some years ago.

As Al Abrams said, Florence deserves better than that. Mary Wilson was most accurate when she said, and I quote, "Many people are responsible for what happened to Flo. Flo herself is responsible. It is not something I can answer in simple yes and no questions."

Most of all I can say Florence did not die with bitterness toward Mary or Diana.

I do not plan to have any further involvment with the movie. I have a strong feeling there will be legalities and I am glad that SOME company SOMEWHERE is willing to risk this in order to tell Flo's story.
    But what good is it if the film's producers mishandle the facts and twist the truth? I've never been completely interested or trusting of this project. But I will wait & see what happens.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 04-07-2011 at 06:08 PM.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    But what good is it if the film's producers mishandle the facts and twist the truth? I've never been completely interested or trusting of this project. But I will wait & see what happens.
    Even before Supremes Drama broke out, that Facebook page was just bizarre. In December, the person running the page was posting religious and inspirational sayings. And the whole way the announcement that Evans was off the picture and the role recast was so botched up and done in such an unprofessional matter that it stirred up Supreme Drama and it irked Faith Evans fans who were looking forward to seeing their fave star in a movie. And apparently Lisa Chapman, who is listed as a co producer, was not informed before the public announcement and learned through Facebook. She had a right to be mad. The producers better polish up their act. Retreating from social networking is probably a wise idea until they have their act together and hire a professional PR person to run the page if and when they decide to put it up again.

I do hope THE FLORENCE BALLARD STORY come to light,thanks BAYOUMOTOWNMAN,i know what you are telling the truth,because i know a little somthing,[[smile)good luck,and
    Please stay positive

I've been off this board for nearly two years REDHOT, so can you remind me who you are? Email if u like

Hey Rick - Good to hear from you. Too bad you were not in the group about a month ago. Miss Turner was in here all over the place talking shit. It was pretty campy.