[REMOVE ADS]

Four Tops - 'Ask The Lonely' - Hitsville Sound Studios Acetate

Posted up by John Manship, and alternate mix to the released version, this one also mixed by Lawrence Horn : -

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by bradburger View Post
    Posted up by John Manship, and alternate mix to the released version, this one also mixed by Lawrence Horn : -

Cheers

Paul
    One of over a dozen mixes done on this one track alone

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    One of over a dozen mixes done on this one track alone
    Yep, as would be expected!

It doesn't sound too different from the 45 mix.

Cheers

Paul

The Andantes are really prominent in this song. Does anyone know what grouping of the female singers were part of this song. I know in the earlier days, there were different female members before they settled on the Andantes that we know.

Quote Originally Posted by drlorne View Post
    The Andantes are really prominent in this song. Does anyone know what grouping of the female singers were part of this song. I know in the earlier days, there were different female members before they settled on the Andantes that we know.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  21.1 KB
    Probably the major [[if not only) reason The Andantes' voices are so prominent is that from The Tops, only Levi is singing. The others aren't on this mix.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 318
    Probably the major [[if not only) reason The Andantes' voices are so prominent is that from The Tops, only Levi is singing. The others aren't on this mix.
    Sounds distorted. But doesn't sound any different other than that. I still hear the tops in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmusic4life View Post
    Sounds distorted. But doesn't sound any different other than that. I still hear the tops in the background.
    Yes the other Tops are there but pushed right back - the Andantes almost share lead with Levi on this mix

Views: 240
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Yes the other Tops are there but pushed right back - the Andantes almost share lead with Levi on this mix
    Exactly THIS! I'm so deaf, I didn't even hear them on first listen. I had to listen again seeking their voices to hear them faintly, while The Andantes are reasonably prominent. just behind Levi.