Description
The Jones Girls were the premier girl group on the celebrated Philadelphia International Records label as the '70s turned into the '80s, but sisters Shirley, Brenda, and Valorie Jones were actually industry veterans, having released singles on several labels between 1970-75, which led to stints as backing vocalists for Aretha Franklin, Lou Rawls, Teddy Pendergrass, and, most famously, for Diana Ross between 1975-1978. The group enjoyed their own smash hit when 'You Gonna Make Me Love Somebody Else' [[R&B #5/Pop #38, here in its rare extended mix) became their debut single for PIR in 1979. Their first album made the R&B top ten, also featuring the quiet storm classic, 'Who Can I Run To,' [[later #1 R&B for Xscape in 1995, also here in a rare extended mix) and further chart singles 'I'm At Your Mercy' and 'We're A Melody.' As well as working with Gamble & Huff and others, they developed a special relationship with Dexter Wansel, who would produce many of their most celebrated recordings. A guest spot on Wansel's own '[[I'll Never Forget) My Favorite Disco' gave the girls a major disco hit. The group returned in 1980 with another top ten album. 'Dance Turned Into A Romance' returned them to the charts [[#22 R&B) and the old-skool ballad 'I Just Love The Man' followed and climbed to R&B #9. Their third album delivered another pair of hits in the form of the funky '[[I Found) That Man Of Mine' [[R&B #20) and the slinky 'Nights Over Egypt' [[R&B #23), which later became a soul/jazz anthem—also featured here in a rare remix by Mike Maurro. A switch to RCA Records in 1983 spawned a couple of hits; 'On Target' and '2 Win U Back' before the group returned to PIR. UK-based Streetwave Records issued a collection on The Jones Girls in 1986 that featured such underground UK favorites as 'At Peace With Woman,' 'Life Goes On,' 'Children Of the Night,' 'Knockin'' and 'Keep It Comin'.' Further UK vinyl single releases later celebrated 'Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, This Feeling's Killing Me' and the previously unreleased 'Baby Don't Go Yet,' which appears here for the first time on a Jones Girls CD, Featuring a 24-page booklet including rare photos and a brand new interview with Shirley Jones, WE'RE A MELODY: THE ESSENTIAL JONES GIRLS is a 30-track collection featuring one of the most celebrated R&B vocal groups of the 20th century. BBR America in conjunction with Real Gone Music is proud to present for the first time, all of their hits and favorites together in one package with rare extended mixes and CD exclusives—a must for any Philly soul, funk and disco fan.

Tracklist
[CD1]
1. You Gonna Make Me Love Somebody Else [[12” Version)
2. [[I Found) That Man Of Mine
3. Nights Over Egypt
4. Dance Turned Into A Romance
5. I?ll Never Forget [[My Favorite Disco) [[12” Version) - Dexter Wansel With The Jones Girls
6. Let’s Celebrate [[Sittin’ On Top Of The World)
7. Better Things To Do
8. I Just Love The Man
9. I’m At Your Mercy
10. Get As Much Love As You Can
11. Baby Don’t Go Yet
12. We’re A Melody
13. At Peace With Woman
14. This Feeling’s Killing Me
15. Children Of The Night
16. You Made Me Love You

[CD2]
1. Keep It Comin’
2. On Target
3. You Can’t Have My Love
4. 2 Win U Back [[12” Version)
5. Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah
6. Knockin’
7. When I’m Gone
8. Life Goes On
9. Love Don’t Ever Say Goodbye
10. Why You Wanna Do That To Me
11. What A Fool
12. Who Can I Run To [[12” Version)
13. I Close My Eyes
14. Nights Over Egypt [[12” Mike Maurro Remix)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HTM1L57/?tag=imwan-20