[REMOVE ADS]

Edna Wright - RIP

Breaking news. Andy Skurow has just posted on his FB that Edna Wright has died. More details to follow.

Oh wow, that is terrible news. She was such an underrated singer. Rest in peace, and thoughts to her family.

What?! Say it ain’t so! This year will not let up.

Oh no. This can't be true. I had a major crush on Edna. [[I found that over bite sexy as hell.) SOULFUL TAPESTRY still gets played regularly . I'm sick to my stomach.

RIP Ms. Wright.......thank you

Terrible news! I loved Honeycone in their heyday.

Oh no! Honey Cone was such a great group even though for a very short time. Edna was such a great singer. Isn't she the sister of Darlene Love? How sad this is.

Rest In Peace Edna Wright. Thank you for the music.

https://www.24-7pressrelease.com/pre...ne-passes-away

My heart sank as this news came across my social media timeline. Ms. Wright was always a favorite of mine...such an unheralded powerhouse. Sending love and light to the Wright and Perry families.

So very sorry to hear about Edna Wright. RIP Edna & Prayers for her Sister Darlene Love & the Wright Family.

I think I've already said this more than a dozen years ago here but I'll repeat it. I've
    always loved Edna's vocals more than her sister Darlene. So much fire.RIP, Edna
    and thank you, thank you, thanks...

Does anyone have any idea when the last performance live was by the original group? I haven't heard much about them in recent times.

This is very sad. She toured with a Honey Cone Group in recent years and Shelly had one going too. Then it all just seemed to stop. She and Shelly did at least one show together a few years ago that has been on you tube. What a talent she was.

Terrible news. No one should outlive their siblings. Condolences to Darlene and the rest of the Wright family.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I think I've already said this more than a dozen years ago here but I'll repeat it. I've
    I've been saying the same thing to friends since we got the news. Where Darlene has more of a big, strident sound, Edna just had that extra, indefinable sparkle that sends me.

When you think of Honeycone, their three biggest hits come to mind...Want Ads, Stick Up, and One Monkey, but I also really liked Sittin On a Time Bomb and an album cut entitled A Woman's Prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    When you think of Honeycone, their three biggest hits come to mind...Want Ads, Stick Up, and One Monkey, but I also really liked Sittin On a Time Bomb and an album cut entitled A Woman's Prayer.
    Yes! And my personal fave--"If I Can't Fly." Edna's work on that one is simply thrilling.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Hey Splanky
    Darlene and Edna attended the same church I did back in the day but not at the same time. My mom sang in the choir with them. The minister of music who directed them back in the 50s was same lady who directed me from 1979 until she passed in 2005. She said that Edna had the better voice but Darlene had personality that Edna lacked at the time so Darlene got more shine. But both are fantastic singers
    Edna was so special
    RIP

The Day i found myself by Honey Cone is one of my all time faves songs.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    The Day i found myself by Honey Cone is one of my all time faves songs.
    Yes a great song but it reminded me of some of Smokey's songs, because it was full of cliches. "blind as a bat, couldn't see for looking," etc.

I love the overall message and the harmonies and song structure. HDH brilliance. A lost # 1.

Pat St. John paid tribute to Edna Wright on his Sirius XM show today. Because he's on the 60s channel, he couldn't play Honey Cone's biggest hits from the 70s, but he did play "While You're Out Looking for Sugar", which he mentioned was the very first record on the Hot Wax label from 1969.

That was a cool song too. In fact that entire album was solid for a debut.