[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You were missed, Bluebrock. Welcome back!

glad you made it through,Blue...welcome back..

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    You are 100% correct Midnightman. Diana told me she owed everything to Berry. He was the one who noticed her potential, believed in her ability and made her work harder to perfect her art and gave her the confidence to take on the world and conquer it.
    I do think she needed the safety net of the Supremes to guide her through those early years, but Diana and Berry combined made for an unstoppable force, and nothing and no-one were ever going to derail that juggernaut.
    On a personal note i would like to thank everyone for their kind wishes and get well messages that i have received during my lengthy absence from this forum. Your love, support, kind thoughts and prayers have helped me through a very challenging period in my life. The fight continues and is by no means over, but i have been moved to tears by your kindness and consideration at this most difficult of times. My faith in God has kept me on the level along with the support of my ever loyal and loving family and friends. I have even received two beautiful and personal messages of support from Ms Ross herself which were heartfelt and totally unexpected. I was told i had to recover in time to tend to her on her rescheduled UK tour dates which i found very amusing!
    Once again thank you to each and everyone of you for your kindness at this very bleak time.
    God Bless you all xx

Youve made my Sunday more blessed that it already was. So good to see you back my dear. May God contine to heal you.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Bluebrock so wonderful to have you back.

welcome back and praying you are here to stay !!!

Welcome back Bluebrock!

What a welcome sight to see you back with us!

You are 100% correct Midnightman. Diana told me she owed everything to Berry. He was the one who noticed her potential, believed in her ability and made her work harder to perfect her art and gave her the confidence to take on the world and conquer it.
    I do think she needed the safety net of the Supremes to guide her through those early years, but Diana and Berry combined made for an unstoppable force, and nothing and no-one were ever going to derail that juggernaut.
    On a personal note i would like to thank everyone for their kind wishes and get well messages that i have received during my lengthy absence from this forum. Your love, support, kind thoughts and prayers have helped me through a very challenging period in my life. The fight continues and is by no means over, but i have been moved to tears by your kindness and consideration at this most difficult of times. My faith in God has kept me on the level along with the support of my ever loyal and loving family and friends. I have even received two beautiful and personal messages of support from Ms Ross herself which were heartfelt and totally unexpected. I was told i had to recover in time to tend to her on her rescheduled UK tour dates which i found very amusing!
    Once again thank you to each and everyone of you for your kindness at this very bleak time.
    God Bless you all xx
    Great to see you again, Bluebrock. And I agree with what you said about Diana.

Excellent!

Good wishes for continued recovery. Glad you're back.

Glad to see you back Bluebrock! Sending positive vibes your way

Has anyone heard from Marv? I hope everything is okay with him.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    The only person who had the power to answer this question answered it conclusively. Had Diana had the solo potential, Berry would have launched her directly into a solo career. Clearly he thought she needed the group or would have her go solo from the start since there were other female solo acts at Motown by the time the Supremes came along. He didn't therefore she did [[need them).
    Which is also why Diana didn't go solo in 1966.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Exactly......

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    yep - there's that story about how Jules Podell insisted that all 3 original supremes appear at the Copa. As Randy's book states, Berry was very influenced by this and realized that is was the group that was selling, not just Diana. on stage both M and F were very engaging and were definitely not just background window dressing. That's why they also tried to keep things going with Flo. she was an integral part of the package.

I do think Berry saw the group as a launching pad. within this group structure, Diana could continue to develop, grow and shine. This bolstered her confidence and pushed her to try and experiment more.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    yep - there's that story about how Jules Podell insisted that all 3 original supremes appear at the Copa. As Randy's book states, Berry was very influenced by this and realized that is was the group that was selling, not just Diana. on stage both M and F were very engaging and were definitely not just background window dressing. That's why they also tried to keep things going with Flo. she was an integral part of the package.

I do think Berry saw the group as a launching pad. within this group structure, Diana could continue to develop, grow and shine. This bolstered her confidence and pushed her to try and experiment more.
    As Randy said in Diana's E documentary, "the world loved Diana, Mary and Florence, Berry might've preferred Diana but the world preferred the group and Diana leaving that early would be a huge mistake" so Berry pulled back from pushing Diana into a solo career in 1966.

exactly - which is also why berry began to engineer more things in later 66 and definitely in 67 to highlight her role more. As the lead singer, she was naturally a focal point. but with projects like the R&H set, Funny Girl, the special material on tv shows, Tarzan and more. No to mention PR, interviews, critics

even before the name was changed, motown was positioning diana as someone extra special.

On a personal note i would like to thank everyone for their kind wishes and get well messages that i have received during my lengthy absence from this forum. Your love, support, kind thoughts and prayers have helped me through a very challenging period in my life.
    Praise the Lord!! He's back!

I hope your challenges are easing and this horrible year ends better than it started.