Hi gang,
This is from the Goldmine Magazine Podcast

"Rare ‘Motortown Revue’ Concert Poster at Auction"
Mar 3, 2019 [[25 minutes)
https://podbay.fm/p/goldmine/e/1551653280

SHOW NOTES
"Concert poster collectors should be excited to listen to this episode. Andrew Hawley, one of the world’s biggest poster collectors, comes on the Goldmine Magazine Podcast to talk about a particular poster — a 1963 day-glo 'Motortown Revue" poster — up for auction at Heritage.

The following is Heritage Auctions description of this rare poster:
Stevie Wonder/Marvin Gaye Sports Arena Concert Poster [[1963). Extremely Rare. Oversized window card for the “Motortown Revue” in Toledo, OH on Tues. Nov. 5.

This wonderful Motown multi-act poster shows an illustration of “Genius / of the / Harmonica / Little Stevie Wonder”, and lists recent hits “Workout Stevie, Workout” and “Fingertips”. The poster also features images and hit songs for the other acts on the lineup including the Miracles, “Mickey’s / Monkey”; Marvin Gaye “Pride and Joy”, “Can I Get A Witness”; Martha and the Vandellas “Heat Wave”; the Contours, “Do You Love Me”; Mary Wells, “You Lost The Sweetest Boy”; and Kim Weston, “Love Me All The Way”. Printed by “Globe Poster – Baltimore”. Measures 22″ x 35″.

In Very Good condition with some restoration and touch ups, particularly to the borders and right side of the poster. This is the first time an example of this incredible poster has been offered at auction. It is widely considered by poster collectors to be THE finest Motown concert poster. “Little” Stevie Wonder was only thirteen when this show took place. Amazingly he had just scored his first no. 1 hit with “Fingertips”, which is listed on this poster. It is even more remarkable, considering it was the first live recorded single to top the charts!"
Name:  image-placeholder-title [[1).jpg
Views: 258
Size:  107.1 KB