[REMOVE ADS]

Who is the blonde?

The attached photo was posted on a FB group today. The majority agree that it's not Dusty in the photo. I certainly don’t think that it is as her neckline is too low for Dusty and her nose looks wrong. I think that it's Ann-Margaret. The two guys are Charles Mingus & King Curtis. What do you think?

Name:  Is it.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  97.3 KB

Name:  AM.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  40.6 KB

Not sure who the blonde is but she doesn't look like Ann Margret. Nor does the gentleman next to her look like King Curtis to me.

Thanks, we were all coming to the same conclusion that it's not him either that is until I found this.

Name:  KC.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  20.6 KB

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  21.1 KB
    She looks a little like Dusty Springfield, - but not enough, I'm afraid.

Robb, that's what over 100 fans say - it's not her but the seller of the photo is very nice but adamant that it is Dusty.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/199-CHARL...53.m1438.l2649

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Robb, that's what over 100 fans say - it's not her but the seller of the photo is very nice but adamant that it is Dusty.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/199-CHARL...53.m1438.l2649
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  21.1 KB
    It's tough to tell from only that angle.

My final message to the polite but adamant eBay seller.

I have had a reply from Simon Bell who knew & worked with Dusty for years as both friend and backing singer. He says that it's 100% NOT Dusty and that is good enough for me and the rest of her fans. The photo is around '68/'69 by which time Dusty had discarded the wild backcombed hairstyle which now was much slicker looking. I know that you won't change your mind and that's fine. We will agree to differ.

It is clearly not Dusty, but someone on a Dusty Facebook page posted that Dusty did actually tour with King Curtis from the end of April 1969 for 11 days.

Yes that's right she did but as you say it's clearly not Dusty.

My very knowledgeable partner agrees that it is not Dusty and wonders if it could be Ellie Greenwich, although he cannot think of any ties she might have had to those two gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    My very knowledgeable partner agrees that it is not Dusty and wonders if it could be Ellie Greenwich, although he cannot think of any ties she might have had to those two gentlemen.
    It does look like Ellie, but I don't believe it's Ellie either. And I agree that it's not Dusty, either.

The only person who thinks it's Dusty is the seller!