[REMOVE ADS]

Tina Turner Private Dancer artwork.

Does anyone have a clue as to why they changed that amazing cover that was first released to the one for the anniversary edition years ago that makes her look like, for lack of a better word, hag? It's horrible and we know Tina is very beautiful. I love cats but that was another unnecessary visual. I don't get it but very curious. I'm still hoping they reissue it again with the original artwork.

It's probably due to the fact Tina's Private Dancer LP was issued with two different covers when it first came out in 1984.

This one for the US:

And this one for the UK & Europe:

EMI/Capitol Records must've decided to standardize the UK/Europe cover Worldwide for reissues of Private Dancer.

Thanks. I never considered that but honestly, that UK cover is a hot mess. The US cover is so classic Tina.