[REMOVE ADS]

Man, was she terrific. She made her big splash relatively late in life, making her an exception that proved the rule about older actresses being put out to pasture. And she did it to the hilt. Her Oscar win for The Last Picture Show was well-deserved; she should have won one for Young Frankenstein, too! And who could forget "Phyllis": "Go suck an egg!!!" Rest in power.

And don't forget "Dancing With The Stars." She was a favorite who lasted a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by 9A View Post
    And don't forget "Dancing With The Stars." She was a favorite who lasted a long time.
    She was swearing at the judges when they gave her low scores. Hilarious.

Her death is the latest gut punch. So many of our cultural icons are perishing. This one made me feel sick when I saw the report. Her family has suffered a great loss but they were also blessed with a wonderful presence for over 90 years. I'm both sad for them and jealous of them.

How sad to hear this.......first Mother Dexter leaves us [[and yes I know that was 40 years ago) and now Phyllis herself. We LOVED that show! Of course she showed her serious side, as mentioned above, with an Oscar in the sensational Last Picture Show, still one of my top three all-time movies. I did not watch her on "Dancing with the Stars" but she was entertaining as the grandmother on that comedy a few years ago about the guy raising his child as a single dad. She was such a treasure.

"Is it twue?" Cloris to Cleavon Little, Blazing Saddles.

She was one of a kind. A treasure. Rest In Peace Cloris Leachman. Thank you for the laughs.

Sad news. Loved her in the MTM shows as a kid. RIP

Nabob:

Wasn't that Madeline Kahn that said that line you referenced? She played the stripper named Lilly Von Schtupp. If Cloris was in that movie, I am not remembering it.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Nabob:

Wasn't that Madeline Kahn that said that line you referenced? She played the stripper named Lilly Von Schtupp. If Cloris was in that movie, I am not remembering it.
    You are correct. Cloris did, however, hilariously play Frau Blücher, the Una O'Connor sendup, in Brooks' Young Frankenstein [["Ovaltine!").

ETA: As well as the Nurse Ratched parody in his High Anxiety.
    Last edited by sansradio; 01-28-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nabob View Post
    "Is it twue?" Cloris to Cleavon Little, Blazing Saddles.
    That was the wonderful Madeline Kahn. I can't think of "Is it twue?" without thinking about her response after unzipping his pants:

"It's twue! It's twue!!"

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    You are correct. Cloris did, however, hilariously play Frau Blücher, the Una O'Connor sendup, in Brooks' Young Frankenstein [["Ovaltine!").

ETA: As well That was the wonderful Madeline Kahn. I can't think of "Is it twue?" without thinking about her response after unzipping his pants:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    That was the wonderful Madeline Kahn. I can't think of "Is it twue?" without thinking about her response after unzipping his pants:

"It's twue! It's twue!!"
    Ageing isn't always kind to each of us. Sorry for the misleading information.

Quote Originally Posted by nabob View Post
    Ageing isn't always kind to each of us. Sorry for the misleading information.
    Nonsense. It's a soul music message board and everybody's remembered something incorrectly in posts around here. If that's the last time you get a detail wrong, you'll have won the game. By a lot.

BTW: We all stopped aging around here decades ago. But we still all have senior moments...

I had forgotten about the Young Frankenstein role, so thanks for bringing that up.

Always enjoyed her work,r.i.p.