[REMOVE ADS]

Have you noticed how civil this "children's forum" has been lately?

Has anyone noticed that for the last three weeks, the posts here have been civil, there have been no nasty posts about Diana or Mary, and posters were not called stupid or idiots or told that they did not know what they were talking about?

Ralph and Lowell have set up this special section as the “The Children’s Forum” but the childishness and bickering that compelled them to set up this special sub section of Motown seems to have dwindled into non-existence for the last three weeks

Perhaps it is just coincidence, but Marv has also been gone for the past few weeks.

While I must admit that it is now enjoyable coming here to read the posts without fear of insults, I do hope that during this global epidemic, Marv is physically fine and has simply decided to take a break.

Wear a mask and continue to keep a distance. It isn’t over yet. Stay safe.

Milven,
    I have noticed but avoided posting just such a thread to avoid controversy. While I agree with almost nothing he says, and most certainly not his style of engagement with others, I do hope he is well.

I also prefer to think of this section as "DRATS return to the ghetto".

I have noticed also. But even before Marv's disappearance, I noticed that the forum had become less likely to devolve into nonsense. The one I often refer to as "the person with the ironic screen name", aka Peace and Harmony, has also been MIA for a couple months now. He was an instigator, as is Bluebrock, who often starts shit and then throws away the utensil he used to start it, and then plays the victim when called on it. What percentages these people are responsible for the ridiculousness that goes on here is debatable, but I don't think it's ironic that the civility around here being reduced coincides with the disappearance of these three. May I also add that, despite my criticisms here, all three- when not on bullshit- have been known to contribute worthwhile information and/or commentary. I've never thought it too much to ask that we all just keep it classy and play nice with one another. It's not impossible.

But I echo the sentiment that the hope is that everyone is doing well. For PNH and Marv in particular to be away from the forum for so long is troublesome. We may not all get along but I never want to think that anything negative has befallen anyone in this forum. If anyone speaks to either of them outside of here, it would be nice to at least learn that all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Has anyone noticed that for the last three weeks, the posts here have been civil, there have been no nasty posts about Diana or Mary, and posters were not called stupid or idiots or told that they did not know what they were talking about?

Ralph and Lowell have set up this special section as the “The Children’s Forum” but the childishness and bickering that compelled them to set up this special sub section of Motown seems to have dwindled into non-existence for the last three weeks

Perhaps it is just coincidence, but Marv has also been gone for the past few weeks.

While I must admit that it is now enjoyable coming here to read the posts without fear of insults, I do hope that during this global epidemic, Marv is physically fine and has simply decided to take a break.

Wear a mask and continue to keep a distance. It isn’t over yet. Stay safe.
    I agree Milven. its been real nice around here and like dear thanxal I wish the said person well.

It's been great; I noticed; and I have wondered about people being well given the awful state of the pandemic in the USA.

I agree but hope everyone is ok.

I enjoy reading Bluebrock very much and hope he'll return soon.
    And i also don't care reading in the “The Children’s Forum” section

I enjoyed Bluebrock's input, too. I don't think of him as an instigator. His history with Diana is interesting and valuable. Marv and Peace could also be valuable contributors. I hope all are well and safe.
    Last edited by lucky2012; 08-31-2020 at 09:17 AM.

I left this forum for almost a year because certain posters, at least one of whom was already mentioned on this thread, were so nasty. It was just a drag and not worth the time. Now things seem better and more respectful. Good job, guys! I am all happy and fluffy now.

Guys - i think it's a bit "childish" to be calling out other members in a thread. This isn't Mean Girls and their Burn Book

rather than calling out people, i'll say i'm most disappointed in this forum which has been oddly quiet [[relatively) during a fucking pandemic!! given that we are all [[or should be) sheltering in place, i'd assume there would be dozens of posts and new threads each day.

it's been oddly quiet IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    I enjoy reading Bluebrock very much and hope he'll return soon.
    And i also don't care reading in the “The Children’s Forum” section
    Our beloved Bluebrock should return in a month or so. Keep him in your prayers and close to your heart. Thank you

I've always liked certain information on this forum so hopefully everyone is ok, who has been absent for a while. The forum has been a lot more quiet and peaceful and topics do tend to stay in line with the subject that is being discussed. I joined years ago but never posted anything till recently.

i too really enjoy sharing with different members on here. and hearing other's opinions on things. it's when people start using this as a platform for spreading hate that things go downhill.

when the members are able to respectfully share their different opinions is when it gets fun.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    This isn't Mean Girls and their Burn Book
    Yes it is.

But for the record, Marv's name was brought up in the very first post. I was not going to allow the opportunity to pass by to counter the alluded claim that Marv is the resident shit stirrer. He is one of a few, two of whom have been absent and their absence has contributed to the lack of negativity around here. It would be unfair to Marv to allow his name to be singled out and the others allowed to remain nameless.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Yes it is.

But for the record, Marv's name was brought up in the very first post. I was not going to allow the opportunity to pass by to counter the alluded claim that Marv is the resident shit stirrer. He is one of a few, two of whom have been absent and their absence has contributed to the lack of negativity around here. It would be unfair to Marv to allow his name to be singled out and the others allowed to remain nameless.
    I completely agree. He's not the only instigator on here. There's more than quite a few....

Yes it is.

I also very much agree. It’s usually the peeps who view Diana as a complete and utter saint or a demon in disguise that tend to attack other posters for their views. It’s all rather silly, but nice things have improved of late.

Yes it is.

Ran, you're the biggest instigator in the whole land and you know it!

I have noticed how quiet it's gotten and the posts are more educating and entertaining. Honestly, it was really depressing when the different factions of group members' fan bases were always attacking and it seemed any little provocation would start something else in the thread that didn't need to be. I think some folks left because they were making threads with no responses. They must've gotten tired of being ignored so they left. But who the heck knows? I'm just thankful for the peace! Finally.

I reached out to Marv via email last week but so far no reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Thank You. I certainly hope he is well. I hope all of our members here are well during these very frightening times.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Ran, you're the biggest instigator in the whole land and you know it!
    I am not! However, my other registered screen names...

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I have noticed how quiet it's gotten and the posts are more educating and entertaining. Honestly, it was really depressing when the different factions of group members' fan bases were always attacking and it seemed any little provocation would start something else in the thread that didn't need to be. I think some folks left because they were making threads with no responses. They must've gotten tired of being ignored so they left. But who the heck knows? I'm just thankful for the peace! Finally.
    Floyjoy is correct, that there's more than a few. Maybe there are only a few, but there are definitely more than the three who have been singled out in this forum. Even the ones left have mostly been on their best behavior, and I think that's because the main frenzy energizers are currently unavailable. So it definitely makes for a much more pleasant environment.

To Sup fan's point about the lack of activity, sometimes I think it feels like we've discussed almost every aspect of this group and it's individual members ad nauseum that it's hard to come up with a fresh topic. I was absent for about a week or so just because I had other more interesting things to do with my time. But perhaps now would be a great time to think of as much original Supremes related threads as possible, since civility is the rule now.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    My thoughts oddly have been about how he was doing. It's actually unusual for him not to post at all. I understand a day or two but for weeks???

Makes me think something bad happened to him. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Our beloved Bluebrock should return in a month or so. Keep him in your prayers and close to your heart. Thank you
    It'll be nice... I like his thoughts of the RCA period.
    I'm not such a fan of the Supremes

I'll be happy if Bluebrock comes back. I think he'll be on his best behavior lol

Bluebrock had a lot of first hand knowledge

But if you go back 10 years, there were people on here that were friendly with the Gordy’s and the Ross’s who drifted away gradually for one reason or another

The forum is a duller place without Marv. His knowledge is second to none and I miss his posts.

For the record, I have had quite strong differences of opinion with Marv on the forum, but found out that if you present a reasoned argument to him, it does not have to result in personal animosity.

I wish everyone who is missing from the forum well, and hope they will return soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Bluebrock had a lot of first hand knowledge

But if you go back 10 years, there were people on here that were friendly with the Gordy’s and the Ross’s who drifted away gradually for one reason or another
    I have noticed that... and someone mentioned that Diana's kids were always lurking here...

Evan maybe - can only think he must have thought it was pretty off the wall

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    My thoughts oddly have been about how he was doing. It's actually unusual for him not to post at all. I understand a day or two but for weeks???

Makes me think something bad happened to him. :/
    Given his age and underlying health issues, I worry that he may ill.