[REMOVE ADS]

Supreme EXIT: Florence Ballard after Motown

I obtained the following information from a google search.

Supreme Exit: Florence Ballard after Motown
    U.N.O. 2020
    Shawniqua Nychole Williamson-Smith
    Publisher: Kom Poo Pie Publishing Company 7/30/20
    ISBN: 1734982934 --------- 9781734982930

Does anyone know if the book was ever published or did it disappear as many things do.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Supreme Exit

U. N. O. 220
    Kom Poo Pie Publishing, Jul 30, 2020

The only book out that details the life and times of Florence Ballard after Motown, through her daughter Nicole's eyes. This book addresses some of the rumors spread about Florence's life. This book also answers some of the questions and concerns that Florence's fans commented on different blog and social media sites, including affiliations from the United Kingdom. Florence Ballard Chapman was more than just a Motown singing artist. Florence was a mother of three daughters and a wife with feelings and emotions just like everyone else. Florence was not stardom struck. She was happy at home with her family. Florence's daughter Nicole, shared her life with her mom, for Uno 220 to share with you. Nicole also shared the joy and pain that she endured in her life growing up. She shares how losing her mother, her grandmother, whose funeral was on Nicole's birthday and her father dying one day before Mother's Day; affected her and shaped who she is today. Nicole experienced some of the same trauma her mother Florence experienced. Her story is as heart clinching as her mother's. Nicole is a pure sweetheart who deserves more. This book is a good read and collectors item for sure.

Hopefully it's legit. Would love to read it. Can't find out anything additional. Checked Amazon, but don't see it. Perhaps it's only available through the publisher?

Always good to have more information about Flo.

Nicole had shared on social media some months ago that she would be releasing a book on her mother. I believe it was due to be published in May and she had originally planned to do a book signing in Detroit in the same month. The plans for the book signing were likely axed, once the pandemic hit. The book has not been released yet, but I'm sure it will be soon.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Nicole had shared on social media some months ago that she would be releasing a book on her mother. I believe it was due to be published in May and she had originally planned to do a book signing in Detroit in the same month. The plans for the book signing were likely axed, once the pandemic hit. The book has not been released yet, but I'm sure it will be soon.
    Yeah, I think someone reported in the forum some time ago that Nicole was writing a book. My fear was that the weirdo claiming to be Flo's daughter Nichole [[who is not, in fact, Flo's daughter Nicole) might be on some fraudulent stuff. From what I found on Google it did appear to be Flo's Nicole, so I'm glad that it's legit. I can't wait to read it.

Interesting this book will detail the life after Motown and that is a piece of history that we know little about.

Meh. Call me a skeptic, but this seems like it could easily go down as another vulturous, exploitive attempt to beat a dead horse and use her life as a scapegoat for some kind of anti-Diana/Motown/Mary agenda. It would be interesting to hear from Florence's kids, but i just hope the author allows their words to come through without mangling them with the author's own bias or agenda.

Personally I think Florence's memory has been embarrassed enough over the years and deserves to be left alone. But again, I'm just a skeptic.

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    Personally I think Florence's memory has been embarrassed enough over the years and deserves to be left alone. But again, I'm just a skeptic.
    I can understand your skepticism, but to be fair, it seems almost everyone has written a book on either the Supremes, Flo or Motown, many of whom weren't there when the events transpired and/or didn't have a personal relationship with the people they wrote about. Nicole is Flo's daughter and I think she deserves a chance to tell her own story and her mother's story. Everyone else has made money off of her Mom's legacy [[think Dreamgirls). I am hoping and believing she will tell her Mom's story truthfully and lovingly, in an honouring way.

As a huge Flo fan, I want to learn all there is to know. And in lieu of Flo being here to run it all down for us, I'll take the stories anyway I can get them. I have no fear whatsoever that Nicole, or Michelle and Lisa, would ever sale their mother short with a BS book that trampled on their mother's memory and legacy in order to make a few dollars. I'm looking forward to this one. [[Fingers crossed that it reads like a legitimate book. I remember how I couldn't wait for Maxine's book only to get it and be so confused that a school teacher would write such a confusing, no regard for timelines, book. Still glad to have it, but man it's sometimes such a hard read because she jumps all over the place.)

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    As a huge Flo fan, I want to learn all there is to know. And in lieu of Flo being here to run it all down for us, I'll take the stories anyway I can get them. I have no fear whatsoever that Nicole, or Michelle and Lisa, would ever sale their mother short with a BS book that trampled on their mother's memory and legacy in order to make a few dollars. I'm looking forward to this one. [[Fingers crossed that it reads like a legitimate book. I remember how I couldn't wait for Maxine's book only to get it and be so confused that a school teacher would write such a confusing, no regard for timelines, book. Still glad to have it, but man it's sometimes such a hard read because she jumps all over the place.)
    I have read all the books on Diana but none on Flo. I have heard excerpts from the Peter Benjaminson book but that’s about all. This sounds like it will be one worth reading. I look forward to it’s release which hopefully will be sometime quite soon.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 09-13-2020 at 06:11 PM.

Oh my I had almost forgotten about the Maxine books.

I tried to find the post but couldn't; does anyone recall seeing a book signing event with Nicole at the Motown Museum?

Books on Google Play

Supreme Exit: Florence Ballard After Motown

Uno 220

Kom Poo Pie Publishing, Jul 30, 2020

The only book out that details the life and times of Florence Ballard after Motown, through her daughter Nicole's eyes. This book addresses some of the rumors spread about Florence's life. This book also answers some of the questions and concerns that Florence's fans commented on different blog and social media sites, including affiliations from the United Kingdom. Florence Ballard Chapman was more than just a Motown singing artist. Florence was a mother of three daughters and a wife with feelings and emotions just like everyone else. Florence was not stardom struck. She was happy at home with her family. Florence's daughter Nicole, shared her life with her mom, for Uno 220 to share with you. Nicole also shared the joy and pain that she endured in her life growing up. She shares how losing her mother, her grandmother, whose funeral was on Nicole's birthday and her father dying one day before Mother's Day; affected her and shaped who she is today. Nicole experienced some of the same trauma her mother Florence experienced. Her story is as heart clinching as her mother's. Nicole is a pure sweetheart who deserves more. This book is a good read and collectors item for sure.

About the author [[2020)

Shawniqua Nychole Williamson - Smith, aka Uno 220, is a female rap artist. Uno 220 [[second to none), released her first single titled, "Sippin'" in 2013, featuring Ro Spit. Uno 220 has performed on different music showcases locally, but her greatest and most honorable performances were with the Jackson family. In 2013, Uno 220 met Michael Jackson's first cousin, Keith Jackson. Uno was invited to a celebration that the family was soon having in honor of the then, late Michael Jackson, remembering him on the date he died, June 25th. Uno met Michaels father's side of his family and performed for them and close friends at the celebration. Keith Jackson also performed with his band, "The Triple Dose Band." Uno 220 also performed at Michael Jackson's birthday celebration outside 2300 Jackson street in Gary Indiana. Mrs. Katherine Jackson celebrated her son's birthday, August 29th there every year for almost a decade consecutively. Uno extends a huge thank you to Keith, Mrs. Katherine Jackson and Sandy Christmas of ABC Television Network for adding her involvement last minute.Uno 220 networked her way into video and movie production. She co produced videos under the training of Producer, Sareta Cheathem for Detroit's own superstars, K'Jon, D'welle and Seven the General, with collaborations from Trina, the baddest b!tch, and Phife, from "A Tribe Called Quest," all directed by Darren Brown of DM Films. In 2012, Uno worked with Sareta and Darren on "Winnerz" the movie, starring Glenn Plummer and Christian Keyes, shot in Cleveland Ohio. Uno was a part of the production team, learning more about script writing and how to transfer a written story to a screen of any type. The on set experience was indescribably gratifying which lead Uno into becoming a free lance producer, writing skits, stand up comedy and screen plays for future projects.Uno 220 is a senior writer for the online magazine, Fame Up Magazine on Facebook, under the signature, #Nycholekwroteit.

Im on the fence in regards to a book by Nicole. What insights can she give on her mother and who she was as a woman when she was a 7 year old when she died? Im sure she is not aware of many things other than what people have told her. What can she talk about?

if the book really does follow what this press release states, then it might be a lovely view into the life of Flo. She [[and I'm sure all of the women) were loving, caring people who had wonderful times with their children and families.

i'm not sure though how well that would sell

if the book is looking to be more exploitative, then it's gonna be a mess. full of rumors on the other women, thin or false accusations of poor behavior, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ballardfan67 View Post
    Im on the fence in regards to a book by Nicole. What insights can she give on her mother and who she was as a woman when she was a 7 year old when she died? Im sure she is not aware of many things other than what people have told her. What can she talk about?
    It might be a combo of her experience with her mother and her experience without her mother. Where Flo's life ended, her children's lives still went on, and since we are an extension of our parents, in a sense reading about Flo's daughters' lives, or in this case one particular daughter, holds some interest.

Nicole might also have access to information many other biographers have not. I get the feeling that the Ballard family isn't the most open, which is why they seem to be sourced so rarely for any of the books. Maxine's book aside [[who I don't think went around to her family for recollections either), Nicole may have been able to get in depth information from family and friends. I'm really looking forward to the book whenever we finally get it.

one problem with Nicole's book is that she was unfortunately so young when her mother passed. there was so little time and even then only as a child. so i would think much of the stories and thoughts will be heavily influenced by her relatives.

of course it would be lovely to hear her thoughts on listening to her mother after she had passed. listening to her music and legacy. but that's not really a large topic, at least to make a book on