[REMOVE ADS]

Chadwick Boseman, ‘Black Panther’ Star, Dead at 43

Chadwick Boseman, the charismatic star whose depiction of Black Panther vaulted him to superstar status alongside real-life portrayals of James Brown, Thurgood Marshall and Jackie Robinson, died Friday of cancer. His representative confirmed the actor’s death to Rolling Stone. He was 43.
    “It is with immeasurable grief that we confirm the passing of Chadwick Boseman.⁣ Chadwick was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer in 2016, and battled with it these last four years as it progressed to stage IV,” his family said in a statement.

Read More Here:
    https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...-dead-1051755/

I don't need to read that on rolling stone, it's all over the internet. A terrible loss. I feel so
    sorry for his family and closest true friends. I admit I wasn't crazy about the James Brown
    movie, I thought it was poorly written. But he gave it and everything else he's done his
    best and was well loved by many. Rest In Power, Chad, you will be long remembered...

I'm gutted. What he managed to accomplish for the culture in such a short career is simply mind-blowing. He chose his roles wisely and played them with gravity and dignity. And he walked the talk. His work [[particularly in, but not limited to, Black Panther) will reinforce for generations of little Black children that they are powerful, beautiful and worthy; that's a mighty legacy. Rest in power, Mr. Boseman; well done.

A real great actor and a real great human being. Rest in Power Forever Chadwick.

I watched 21 Bridges a couple of months ago and although I'm not big on cop movies these days, I was pleasantly surprised that it was actually good. Of course, he was the best thing in it. If you like gritty crime dramas, I also recommend Message From The King which is on Netflix. Next to his excellent performances, he'll always be one of my favorite actors for being able to do so many [[including Black Panther) after he was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer.

On Thursday night, I had to log out of the internet because between Trump, Kenosha and 100 other things, I needed a mental health break. Felt like it was just too much for me that night. I logged back in on Friday and the first thing that I saw was news of this young man's death and I promptly logged off again for another day. The good news about social media is that you can get so much information in real time. The bad thing about social media is that so much of it is horrible.Rest In Power, Brother Chadwick. May God's blessings comfort those you left behind.

This one cuts real deep. His portrayal of “Black Panther” gave African Americans a hero hero. Someone besides a fowl mouthed gun toting womanizer driving around in a 71 Eldorado. I couldn’t wait to take my little cousin to see the movie. It was an amazing experience for him and me. For him to be gone a mere two years after that, it just feels like we’ve been robbed. Wakanda Forever!

Yeah, this was a blow. Like Jerry, I had to separate myself from anything that was going to keep Chad's death in my face. Nobody saw this coming.

And then today to learn of the great John Thompson's passing...it's too much.

These children just learned they were all going to see Black Panther when it about to come out. Their school planned a day of cultural studies and African dancing and was then taking them to the theater. I understand their excitement. My brother bought a copy of the Avengers comic book circa 1970 or so and he showed me the character of T'Challa, who would become my favorite superhero. When news broke about the movie being made, my excitement level was on 10 for a solid year. I'd love to thank this brother for making dreams come true in the movies and in real life.

I recall him telling the story of how it made him feel when he first walked onto the set of Captain America: Civil War wearing the Black Panther costume. He said that all of the Black crew members broke into tears. The power of dreams.
    [click to view]

Incredible.

Just the person he was....damn...still feeling this loss...