[REMOVE ADS]

Gladys Horton live in 1990

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post
    pure mania
    is it from stimulants or bi polar disorder?.

That is not very nice to post. I enjoyed the video. Gladys was in great voice.There are
    not too many videos of any Marvelettes performances so I really appreciate this. Thank you Gladys for the music and R.I.P.

I enjoyed it too,i love the marvelettes.

So great to have this! Gladys looks great and sounds great. She always had a radiance about her.

That performance would seem to date from around the time of the Motorcity project - and how great it was then to hear Gladys singing once again, and also to see her performing here on stage.

Wow, Circa1824, what a negative & unnecessarily cruel comment. Anyhow, thank you so much Sharpmoves. Heartwarming to see Gladys so relaxed & happy. I've seen her a few times on stage but never so close up, she was such a lively, creative talent. And bkg singers just so supportive & enthusiastic. I've always wondered how she'd sing Mess With Bill and now I know. And she wisely didn't try to copy Wanda she made it her own. This video truly brightened my day. We'll never forget you Gladys.

Circa1824, would never normally call someone out on here but your comment was unkind and uncalled for. Thanks Sharpmoves for posting this. I'm going to share the hell out of it!

Thanks for sharing this sharpmoves. Gladys sound great! Although I enjoyed Don't mess with Bill I do have to say that Glady and Wanda were made for the songs they sang. Wanda wouldn't sound right on Please Mr Postman and Gladys doesn't sound right on Bill. I'm glad Gladys kept the Marvelettes legacy going. All the others were unable or unwilling so kudos to her.

Thanks for sharing! Love it. It was a real treat to see this rare video of her performance. Rest in peace, Ms Gladys Horton.

Quote Originally Posted by TYK1986 View Post
    Thanks for sharing this sharpmoves. Gladys sound great! Although I enjoyed Don't mess with Bill I do have to say that Glady and Wanda were made for the songs they sang. Wanda wouldn't sound right on Please Mr Postman and Gladys doesn't sound right on Bill. I'm glad Gladys kept the Marvelettes legacy going. All the others were unable or unwilling so kudos to her.
    gladys was the spark plug of the marvelettes even after they disbanded coming back on the scene until Larry marshak started messing w her over the name. However t estate of gladys Horton and katherine schaffner now own the name and katherine is now touring with a new trio of marvelettes.

I thoroughly enjoyed the performance and found the changes that Gladys had made to the songs very entertaining.

I loved Gladys Hortons performance. She was Motown gold.

Very spirited performance....she deserved a much better, and much earlier break

I love Gladys' voice so much... it's a shame she never did much recording after leaving the Marvelettes.