[REMOVE ADS]

New Release - Kiki Dee The Fontana and Motown Years

Well it's something and looks cool. Check it out... release date 16/10/2020

Signed limited edition with 38 page booklet

The Motown content is on CD3 but you've got it already haven't you?

The Day Will Come Between Sunday And Monday
    Johnny Raven
    Ain’t Nothing Like The Real Thing
    Jimmy
    I Can’t Give Back The Love I Feel For You
    More Today Than Yesterday
    Love Makes The World Go Round
    You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me
    Love Is A Warm Kind Of Sorrow
    For Once In My Life
    My Whole World Ended [[The Moment You Left Me)
    I Second That Emotion
    Oh Be My Love
    I’ll Try Something New
    Walk On By
    Mr Loneliness
    I’ll Have You, You’ll Have Me
    Put A Little Love In Your Heart
    While They Watch
    You're My World
    Walk On By [mix 2]

https://www.demonmusicgroup.co.uk/ca...igned-edition/
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 08-25-2020 at 02:20 PM.

"Disc Three features her recordings for the Motown label – the original album “Great Expectations” and nine bonus tracks [[two of these appear on CD for the first time, and one mix is previously unreleased)."

The last 3 tracks listed above are the ones appearing on cd* for the first time, not on the "Love Makes The World Go Round" cd.

* Copley points out in post #4 below that the first 2 of those 3 have been released as downloads.
    Last edited by calvin; 08-26-2020 at 05:13 AM.

I like her version of "You're My World" but [[and this is just my opinion) to have 2 versions of "Walk On By" when one was too many doesn't fill me with excitement lol.

On the whole, though, I do enjoy Kiki's Motown stuff.

'While They Watch' & 'You're My World' were both included in the Unreleased 1969 download.

Sounds a lot like her recent 3 CD "Gold" set released by Demon Music. And for the record I hope they keep releasing those...as a general rule they are a good buy for the money.

"While They Watch" is an excellent track - may be her best for Motown - and seems to hint at a different direction had she stayed with Motown. Maybe the fact that it was different meant that there wasn't an avenue for its release back then.

There's been no shortage of Dee releases in recent years - that "Gold" set is really good. "Love Makes The World Go Round" was the definitive [[until now) Motown set on CD and last year "Great Expectations" was released on Japanese CD.

Might there be any tracks from her on Motown Unreleased 1970?

"While They Watch" was originally assigned to the New Supremes. Totally can hear Jean singing it, too. Kiki Dee has an amazing voice and although I have all tracks on disc 1, I don't have the foreign language versions of her songs found on disc 2 and would appreciate having her "Motown Unreleased: 1969" songs ON disc. This one will be joining my collection. I've come to find that if you have any interest in music being released ON CD, you need to purchase things--support the business. The same idea goes for just having "old" music re-released or finally released. Not wild about [[any) set when you get it? Put it up for sale on eBay. At least it's supporting the cause and helping other fans possibly get all the different things they want.

Pre-ordered a copy off Amazon at £25.99 [[same price whether you order the one with the signed print or not). Expect the price will lower a bit by October. Worth my support even though there's really nothing new here. It looks lovely and I'm sure the booklet will be a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Well it's something and looks cool. Check it out... release date 16/10/2020

Signed limited edition with 38 page booklet

The Motown content is on CD3 but you've got it already haven't you?

The Day Will Come Between Sunday And Monday
    Johnny Raven
    Ain’t Nothing Like The Real Thing
    Jimmy
    I Can’t Give Back The Love I Feel For You
    More Today Than Yesterday
    Love Makes The World Go Round
    You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me
    Love Is A Warm Kind Of Sorrow
    For Once In My Life
    My Whole World Ended [[The Moment You Left Me)
    I Second That Emotion
    Oh Be My Love
    I’ll Try Something New
    Walk On By
    Mr Loneliness
    I’ll Have You, You’ll Have Me
    Put A Little Love In Your Heart
    While They Watch
    You're My World
    Walk On By [mix 2]

https://www.demonmusicgroup.co.uk/ca...igned-edition/
    Walk On By [[Mix 2) was held off Love Makes The World Go Round in preference to the one that was used. There looks to be a demo for The Supremes different version of While They Watch - possibly one of the writers - shame Jean and the girls never laid down vocals.

A bit frustrating because Amazon UK will not ship to this to the US [[and it probably won't--if ever--wind up on Amazon US until, oh, December?) so I may have to find a way to purchase this from a smaller online retailer.

Paul, when you mentioned a demo for "While They Watch," you're saying that it's still in the vaults, right? It's not included on this set. I completely agree with you--it's a shame Jean, Mary and Cindy never had the opportunity to record the track!

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    A bit frustrating because Amazon UK will not ship to this to the US [[and it probably won't--if ever--wind up on Amazon US until, oh, December?) so I may have to find a way to purchase this from a smaller online retailer.

Paul, when you mentioned a demo for "While They Watch," you're saying that it's still in the vaults, right? It's not included on this set. I completely agree with you--it's a shame Jean, Mary and Cindy never had the opportunity to record the track!
    The demo is reputedly still there in the vaults and as I say by the looks of things by one of the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Dan, I've been noticing that the distribution of Demon Music Group's releases has been pretty spotty as of lately. Some have not shown up on Amazon Canada right away, and sometimes not at all. The one place I've been noticing that you can consistently find their releases is UK sellers on eBay. Usually rarewaves in the UK will list Demon releases for sale on eBay for competitive prices. That's my recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Dan, I've been noticing that the distribution of Demon Music Group's releases has been pretty spotty as of lately. Some have not shown up on Amazon Canada right away, and sometimes not at all. The one place I've been noticing that you can consistently find their releases is UK sellers on eBay. Usually rarewaves in the UK will list Demon releases for sale on eBay for competitive prices. That's my recommendation
    Thanks, Carlo! I'll keep an eye open for it on eBay in the coming month!

I love Kiki Dee's Motown stuff

“Loving and Free” has always been my No1 go to song if i’m feeling stressed.
    I quite like her Motown recordings, but for me there were always others who did it much better.
    Her acoustic album from a few years back is very good, with her a voice a little darker.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 08-31-2020 at 07:20 AM.

I have to agree that her Rocket material was better for Kiki than the Motown material and well deserving of the success she achieved. Mind you I think "While They watch" hinted at better things to come from her Motown sojourn.