[REMOVE ADS]

Bobby Taylor- Eleanor Rigby

I’m positive this is the best rendition ever made. Dennis Coffey killing the guitar, and possibly one of Benny Benjamin’s last great workouts. Yet, doesn’t get any attention whatsoever. What do you think?

Some nice vocals and other good moments but personally I think it comes across as a bit of a mess and very hard to listen to [[that's only one opinion though).

Huge fan of Bobby Taylor. Can't disassociate the Beatles who own this tune. I don't know why Bobby would record it. But, then again I feel the same about Wilson Pickett and Hey Jude.

Understood! If you’re not into cinematic/psychedelic arrangements, this cover is not for you. Otherwise, it’s a gutsy effort on Bobby and Clay McMurray’s part that exceeds my expectations.

I like this! Bobby's great and the production is niiice... psychedelic and cinematic indeed

I hear The Originals on backing vocals too...?

Sounds good, but one thing that always bothers me about when others remake Beatles songs is that they miss the simplicity of the originals. Remakes of Beatles songs seems to for some reason bring out the Melodrama in producers and singers. I had not considered myself a Beatles fan, but for me, the original gives me chills because there is a bare bones, straight line quality in Paul's vocals and yet the sadness and desolate loneliness is THERE. Even though the string arrangement is complex, there is still an economy in how everything is put together. Nothing is overblown for dramatics. Me and my cousin first heard Eleanor Rigby as kids watching The Beatles cartoon and it blew us away. Absolutely made us think for once about people who were completely alone in life. I've never heard a remake that has the emotional force of the original.