[REMOVE ADS]

Nice pic of some Supremes and Former Ladies of......

Susaye Greene, Freddi Poole, Lynda Laurence, Sundray Tucker, Scherrie Payne & Cindy Birdsong

Thanks. Great pic! Was it at the Flos anniversary performance?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thanks. Great pic! Was it at the Flos anniversary performance?

July 29th, 2006
    The Music Box @ The Fonda Theater, LA
    Last edited by lakeside; 08-01-2020 at 01:07 PM.

This concert was available on DVD on Amazon. I see it's apparently sold out now?

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    This concert was available on DVD on Amazon. I see it's apparently sold out now?
    According to Rick Gianatos on Facebook, he had some more copies pressed and they are on their way to the CD Baby warehouse, for subsequent distribution to Amazon and other retailers. It should be available again sometime soon.

Love that photo. Thanks for sharing lakeside. Always wonder how it would have worked out if Cindy did stay with Jean and Scherrie at the very beginning of the FLOS. Didn't she decide to go solo before they officially started and was replaced by Lynda?

Yes she decided to go solo. There was some talk of her returning a few years ago, I assume before her health problems. Why did Jean, Freddie and Sundray leave the group?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Yes she decided to go solo. There was some talk of her returning a few years ago, I assume before her health problems. Why did Jean, Freddie and Sundray leave the group?
    Jean was pregnant with triplets.
    Sundray became minister of a mega church in Finland
    Freddie inherited a real lucrative swimming pool business and called it Freddies Pooles.

As per usual you are just stirring the pot and trying to whip up your twinsie. LOL

Lol. Anyway back to Cindy and the Flos. Her solo career didn't really work out but the Flos are still performing. So maybe in the long turn it would have been better for her if she did stay. She could have always done some solo things alongside the Flos, like Scherrie did. Sorry just speculations but something that was in my head not that long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TYK1986 View Post
    Lol. Anyway back to Cindy and the Flos. Her solo career didn't really work out but the Flos are still performing. So maybe in the long turn it would have been better for her if she did stay. She could have always done some solo things alongside the Flos, like Scherrie did. Sorry just speculations but something that was in my head not that long ago.
    Cindy was not a solo act, and didn’t have the chops for solo work. I wonder who put the false bug in her ear that she did. Probably some sycophant fan.

I don't know if it was her own will or a fan but I agree that a solo act wasn't something for her. I think staying with Flos would have given her more stability and at least a few more years performing on stage.