[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Since I already have the digital version and it's not one of my obsessive favorites, I very well may leave it sealed for posterity [[or my posterior, not sure which!).

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Got a shipping notice from RG yesterday!
    Good to know. I just ordered 2 copies last night and was surprised that my order confirmation stated it was being prepared for shipment!

Amazon pre-sell $27.99? Real Gone $19.99? Maybe amazon is free shipping and Real Gone has shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Got a shipping notice from RG yesterday!
    I got my notice today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nathanj06 View Post
    Amazon pre-sell $27.99? Real Gone $19.99? Maybe amazon is free shipping and Real Gone has shipping.
    With my Real Gone order for 2 CDs I was charged $6.00 for shipping for a total of $46.00.

I have Amazon Prime so even with free shipping my order would have been $59.50, including tax, unless the price goes down to match Real Gone.

Now we'll see how USPS can handle the delivery vs. how Amazon would have shipped, either direct or with USPS.

Edit: Just received my shipping confirmation.
    Last edited by johnjeb; 09-03-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Got my notification and tracking number from Real Gone. So exciting. So glad I didn’t order from Amazon. My shipments from Amazon take forever. I pre ordered Diana Ross’ Supertonic as soon as it was available. Didn’t receive until 3 weeks after the release date.

Got my notice.on it's way

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Got my notification and tracking number from Real Gone. So exciting. So glad I didn’t order from Amazon. My shipments from Amazon take forever. I pre ordered Diana Ross’ Supertonic as soon as it was available. Didn’t receive until 3 weeks after the release date.
    Me too! Very excited!

Got my notice too ! It's on the way, I can't wait . I hope it won't take too long to reach France.
    I know it's not the case for many of you but this album is one of the favorite of mine and I'm really glad it's released on CD, and with extra versions... [[sure it was worth the wait).

I got my tracking information from the postal service. Will be delivered on Tuesday the 8th. Would have been Monday the 7th but because of the holiday. I can hardly wait. Love this album.

I'm a little confused about the bonus tracks on Disc 2. The 2014 LP remix featured alternate vocals on the same three tracks [[Cornet Man, His Love Makes Me and Sadie Sadie) that are marked as unreleased here [[tracks 11-13, disc 2). Are these the same alternate vocals from 2014 with a new remix, or yet more alternate vocals from the vault? Regardless, I'm so excited to see this have a proper CD release. I just got the shipping notification yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    I'm a little confused about the bonus tracks on Disc 2. The 2014 LP remix featured alternate vocals on the same three tracks [[Cornet Man, His Love Makes Me and Sadie Sadie) that are marked as unreleased here [[tracks 11-13, disc 2). Are these the same alternate vocals from 2014 with a new remix, or yet more alternate vocals from the vault? Regardless, I'm so excited to see this have a proper CD release. I just got the shipping notification yesterday.
    Wait! There was an LP release in 2014? How'd I miss that?

The remastered album was originally released digitally back in 2014. Along with the original stereo LP, they remixed all the LP tracks to feature Cindy and Mary's backing vocals without the Andantes.

The remastered album was originally released digitally back in 2014. Along with the original stereo LP, they remixed all the LP tracks to feature Cindy and Mary's backing vocals without the Andantes.
    Ok. I thought I'd have to give my "Supremes Gold Membership Club" card back. I thought you meant Funny Girl was pressed onto vinyl in 2014.

The alternate vocals on Cornet Man, His Love Makes Me Beautiful and Sadie Sadie are the same alternates that were on the 2014 digital release. New to this Ultimate Edition are tracks 7, 8 and 9 on Disc 2 which uses for the first time a new mix of the 1968 released Diana vocal with Mary and Cindy on background vocals. We placed those released vocals back in their proper place on the album and used the 2014 alternates as bonus tracks 11, 12 and 13. Apologies if the press release is confusing. I hope that clears it up and we’re happy you’re excited about this release. We are so happy with the positive response and grateful to the fans who support these releases.

Thank you for clearing that up for me, George. Much appreciated.

Arrived today and listening now. Love the packaging. It is just fantastic to finally have this on CD. Thank you all involved in making this happen. Just one more album to go to get a official CD release.

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    Arrived today and listening now. Love the packaging. It is just fantastic to finally have this on CD. Thank you all involved in making this happen. Just one more album to go to get a official CD release.
    Just got mine today too. It’s so beautiful. Can’t wait to listen tonight.

Got mine today. Skipped disc one and went immediately to disc two so I could
    finally hear Mary and Cindy. Fond memories of a different time. Great booklet.

Mine arrived today as well. I can hardly believe it, Funny Girl finally on CD! Top to bottom it's a beautiful package. Thank you to everyone involved, with special thanks to Real Gone for picking up the mantle. And hopefully getting us back on track for more Diana Ross/Supremes releases.

There is a lovely and much deserved tribute to John Perrone [[Midnight Johnny) in the booklet. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Mine arrived today as well. I can hardly believe it, Funny Girl finally on CD! Top to bottom it's a beautiful package. Thank you to everyone involved, with special thanks to Real Gone for picking up the mantle. And hopefully getting us back on track for more Diana Ross/Supremes releases.

There is a lovely and much deserved tribute to John Perrone [[Midnight Johnny) in the booklet. Awesome.
    Thanks for mentioning John Perrone. Much deserved and a huge thanks to RGM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Thanks for mentioning John Perrone. Much deserved and a huge thanks to RGM.
    It is such a fitting tribute to John to be included as part of this long awaited release.

It is such a fitting tribute to John to be included as part of this long awaited release.
    I haven’t received my copies yet, but I am so happy to know a tribute to John is included. John and his radio show have been a special addition to these releases. He is truly missed.

That tribute to John is so nice. He would have been so touched by that. Thank you for sharing, Sophisticated_Soul!

That is so nice and so fitting. He is sorely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    That tribute to John is so nice. He would have been so touched by that. Thank you for sharing, Sophisticated_Soul!
    Your welcome Carlo. It is a wonderful tribute.

John's extended remix for "Someday We'll Be Together" came on my playlist today while I was doing yard work. I thought how much I used to love listening to his radio show and loved when he'd showcase a Supremes expanded edition. He had such warm and relaxing voice. It was made for night time radio. He is missed.

It came today, my forever came today!
    I'm reading thru the liner notes and the interview with J. Styne.

Just got mine in the mail and I am so delighted to see it. I'm trying not to open it, but it looks so good on the outside, just like the other EEs. I can't wait to see the remaining albums. I'll buy two of everything else. One for opening and one for keeping sealed. Thanks to George, Andy, Kevin and the entire team behind getting this into our hands!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    I haven’t received my copies yet, but I am so happy to know a tribute to John is included. John and his radio show have been a special addition to these releases. He is truly missed.
    he is truly missed. Was hoping to meet him when I went to Ptown. You know he surely would have been having a show dedicated to this release.

Mine arrived today! As if today weren't "funny" enough, here's that performance from Ed Sullivan that was uploaded by their channel today!

I can only echo all of the sentiments above. Am shocked how quickly it shipped at such a great price! Real Gone hit it out of the park with this one!

Mine arrived yesterday and I am lovin' it. I hope and pray that Real Gone Music can keep the Motown releases comin'. Although it was disheartening to us die-hard 'oldsters' when the 2014 release was digital only, the interim allowed time for the wonderful team involved to create an even greater product- a 2020 mix of the second disc, 3 restored selections, an expanded booklet with fantastic photos. Tremendous thanks to all involved.
    And I bet I'm not the only one who can imagine some of the dialogue/interplay with George & Andy that John Perrone would use to present this collection on Nightflight if he were still on this side of eternity.

Frustrating as it is waiting for Reflections, this Funny Girl edition is just as magnificent as the rest. Once again Andy, George and co. did their magic. Down to every detail including the Motown label. The only thing I don't care for anymore are those awful CD trays. I'd prefer the discs to be slid into a side pocket. Fantastic job guys.

....... The only thing I don't care for anymore are those awful CD trays. I'd prefer the discs to be slid into a side pocket. Fantastic job guys.
    Your observation reminded me of something. When I went to remove a disc from the tray, it was so tight I feared I would crack the cd in half. No matter how many times I tried, it just didn't seem to loosen up at all. When I looked carefully at the cd packaging, placed flat upon the computer desk, a mental light bulb went on.
    Frustrated, I changed my approach. I slid part of the packaging off the corner of the desk but supported it with my hand. With my other hand pushing down on the hub, there was enough flex for the cd to now be removed easily without damage. Others may already do this, but for me it was a new discovery. And if it helps anyone else who is as dumb as me, it is well worth sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    Your observation reminded me of something. When I went to remove a disc from the tray, it was so tight I feared I would crack the cd in half. No matter how many times I tried, it just didn't seem to loosen up at all. When I looked carefully at the cd packaging, placed flat upon the computer desk, a mental light bulb went on.
    Frustrated, I changed my approach. I slid part of the packaging off the corner of the desk but supported it with my hand. With my other hand pushing down on the hub, there was enough flex for the cd to now be removed easily without damage. Others may already do this, but for me it was a new discovery. And if it helps anyone else who is as dumb as me, it is well worth sharing.
    These discs seemed even more difficult to remove than previous discs/sets. In the past I did find it easier to use a flexible surface, like a couch cushion or pillow, rather than a firm surface, such as a table or desk.

Last night I discovered, or rediscovered, that it helped to push down on the center of the hub. I think what is difficult is that the indentations are at the four corners of the tray. Older CD cases allowed you to grab the top or bottom of the CD.

Regardless this Ultimate Edition is wonderful. It's great to have the CD and booklet professionally packaged rather than CD-Rs and loose pages of text from the digital download.

And I bet I'm not the only one who can imagine some of the dialogue/interplay with George & Andy that John Perrone would use to present this collection on Nightflight if he were still on this side of eternity.
    You are correct! One of the very best things about these releases was always the radio show with John...missing him and his passion and energy...while he can’t be replaced is there any chance we can hear similar stories on a podcast or something? I think Andy, George, etc. could do a terrific podcast just talking about all their experiences in the music biz...how ‘bout it, guys?

In response to those having trouble getting the discs out of the tight plastic holders, one trick I learned is to use both of your thumbs to lift the edge of the disc, with your thumbs at two different points of the edge, so your two points of contact with the disc form a 90 degree angle, while you use your fingers to press on the middle spindle as leverage. Of course, you will want to do this slowly and as gently as possible, without bending the disc too much. If needed, you can repeat this step and move your thumbs along the opposite edges, still maintaining the 90 degree angle. It should come out safely. I've been through this far too many times and have sadly cracked a disc or two, in the past, using the wrong technique. If you plan to play the CDs often and don't want to deal with the tight tray holders everytime, I recommend temporarily putting the discs in those paper cd envelopes, for easier access.

Got my funny girl cd today.
    Beautifully done.thx to Andy...George ...harry....Kevin and team.
    Not my favorite album but it has grown on me.
    Love cd with Mary and Cindy's vocals.no reason why they were not used to begin with.
    I like the idea of this album being recorded with a full orchestra. I would have went with jules styne plan but BG had to have it his way.just my opinion.
    But then again I always thought of the Supremes singing funny girl was rediculous. Still think so .I would have done a more of a Broadway collection with a few songs from FG.
    Even later Diana singing don't rain on my parade just grates my nerves and streisand's from what I heard.
    Seems some had a serious affection for Babs.
    Anyway. A great job to all.
    Thank you for bringing us more Motown gems

You're not dumb at all. Some of these even when you press the hub they won't pop out. Same for DVDs. You shouldn't have to work to get a CD out of it's sleeve. Many digipaks are made with the CD simply slid inside like an LP back when. These trays are horrible. Look, for example, how they packaged The Jean Terrell Years. The same can be done with these tri-fold digipaks which, by the way, are a 100% better than the old plastic jewel cases.

Look, for example, how they packaged The Jean Terrell Years. The same can be done with these tri-fold digipaks which, by the way, are a 100% better than the old plastic jewel cases.
    Agreed, and better for the environment too. I've also had to replace a couple of these cracked plastic trays in these digi-packs, in the past. It's doable but it's a pain.

I'm just now getting a chance to listen and study the UK mix of the album. What are other folks hearing so far? I think I'm hearing a different track mix and vocal take on I Am Woman and it sounds like a different music mix on The Music That Makes Me Dance and possible vocal take/mix. People is a different track and vocal mix.
    Last edited by SatansBlues; 09-14-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Not to sound obsessive, but almost every day I look at the Funny Girl cd. I just still can not believe that it has finally received a cd release and that I have a physical copy in my hands.....LOL. So I just want to say thank you again for everyone that was involved in making this a dream come true

Just received my copy today. It is beautiful and wonderfully done. Thanks, George, Andrew, Joe Marchese, Real Gone Music and Second Disc Records. I feel a real sense of some normalcy restored in my life in this pandemic time.

Got my copy today from Amazon.. like to help influence the Amazon sales chart.. Sounds great great packaging..

very helpful Carlo. Thanks

I just now ordered mine from Amazon, and it will be delivered tomorrow. Now, that’s fast !

I love this release. ♡

Very well said. Mary and cindy appear con t original recording w t andantes. They can be heard on several tracks but even better without t session singers on t 2nd disk