[REMOVE ADS]




Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 201 to 208 of 208
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    From a purely personal perspective and at this point in time, l would prefer to have anything other then G.I.T On Broadway as the next release. Not one of my faves.
    I’m really hoping that the next expanded release will be ‘Reflections’, to hopefully include the complete Disney songs on a two cd package. That might be a tall order for Santa to manage this year, but here’s hoping early 2021.
    We all have our own personal wish lists.
    Personally i would settle for anything that Universal will authorise for release.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    We all have our own personal wish lists.
    Personally i would settle for anything that Universal will authorise for release.
    personally i'd vote for some Lost & Found sets. of course i don't know what all is in the vault still but I don't know that there's tons of DRATS stuff left. yes there are 3 or so Disney songs that still haven't been released. but rather than rehashing the 10 or so that HAVE been released just to make a "Disney EE" i'd rather get as many new tracks out as possible. so a L&F eliminates having to stick to one album or timeframe.

    Also i'd skip the new 2020 mixes of things. they're fine but frankly i'd rather have the original content. Like with Sing HDH, we got a 2020 mix of You Can't Hurry Love. it's fun to listen to but we've yet to receive the original mix of the unedited YCHL with the instrumental break. we got an alt version of it on the previous L&F but with the different lead vocal. the original was released on the US reel to reel version of A Go Go back in the 60s. and i believe on the Japanese Greatest Hits.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    personally i'd vote for some Lost & Found sets. of course i don't know what all is in the vault still but I don't know that there's tons of DRATS stuff left. yes there are 3 or so Disney songs that still haven't been released. but rather than rehashing the 10 or so that HAVE been released just to make a "Disney EE" i'd rather get as many new tracks out as possible. so a L&F eliminates having to stick to one album or timeframe.

    Also i'd skip the new 2020 mixes of things. they're fine but frankly i'd rather have the original content. Like with Sing HDH, we got a 2020 mix of You Can't Hurry Love. it's fun to listen to but we've yet to receive the original mix of the unedited YCHL with the instrumental break. we got an alt version of it on the previous L&F but with the different lead vocal. the original was released on the US reel to reel version of A Go Go back in the 60s. and i believe on the Japanese Greatest Hits.
    I enjoy the 2020 mixes. They are fun to listen to.
    I don't believe there is much in the way of unreleased material left in the vault. We have already had a L&F. Other than the Disney tracks, a few alternate versions and live recordings i don't think there is much in the way of HDH tracks and other vintage tracks.
    However there is a substantial amount of 70's Supremes stuff in the vault. A L&F of 70's tracks would be wonderful. If we can get that one day along with Reflections and Love Child expanded i would die a happy man.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    We all have our own personal wish lists.
    Personally i would settle for anything that Universal will authorise for release.
    I doubt itís up for negotiation Bluebrock, but still one can wish.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I doubt it’s up for negotiation Bluebrock, but still one can wish.
    You just may be surprised Ollie.
    Don't lose faith. There are people working hard to make these releases happen.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I enjoy the 2020 mixes. They are fun to listen to.
    I don't believe there is much in the way of unreleased material left in the vault. We have already had a L&F. Other than the Disney tracks, a few alternate versions and live recordings i don't think there is much in the way of HDH tracks and other vintage tracks.
    However there is a substantial amount of 70's Supremes stuff in the vault. A L&F of 70's tracks would be wonderful. If we can get that one day along with Reflections and Love Child expanded i would die a happy man.
    it's not that i don't enjoy or like the 2020 mixes. but i don't know that we can count on many subsequent releases. so focusing on a specific album means the can't really utilize material from too far outside of that album's period. a L&F would allow them to gather tracks from any and all projects and lineups. With a 2-cd set, we only have so many tracks to fit in. I'd rather they filled it with as many unreleased tracks as possible rather than 2020 mixes

  7. #207
    A new review of the Deluxe set just out on Talkin' Broadway.
    https://www.talkinbroadway.com/page/...ember1020.html

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    A new review of the Deluxe set just out on Talkin' Broadway.
    https://www.talkinbroadway.com/page/...ember1020.html
    Thanks for posting thommg, l enjoyed reading this.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.