[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    409
    Rep Power
    70

    Supremes in the, uh, Coronavirus news....?!

    I was a bit surprised to see this story on my Yahoo main page with a nice pic of the Supremes, but hey, I guess it's giving the girls some publicity!!

    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coron...182357891.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,319
    Rep Power
    162
    Hmmmm, I am not sure it was in the best of taste for that columnist to approach such a serious subject in this manner.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,169
    Rep Power
    247
    A bit odd.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    409
    Rep Power
    70
    I agree it is odd and to embed the Youtube video in a Coronavirus story.....?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10,298
    Rep Power
    265
    Nothing should surprise anybody anymore.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,920
    Rep Power
    197
    hmmmm - i don't know that I'd be going to anyplace in Alabama for legit research and commentary on science lolololol

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,249
    Rep Power
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Hmmmm, I am not sure it was in the best of taste for that columnist to approach such a serious subject in this manner.
    i don't think it is too odd. The reporter was simply quoting what a doctor said about rushing the virus vaccine.

    “It’s just like Diana Ross and The Supremes,” Dr. Michael Saag, an associate dean for global health at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, said... “You can’t hurry love and you can’t hurry vaccine development. "

    To also embed a video of the song was probably for the many people who may not have gotten the reference to an over half a century old recording

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,916
    Rep Power
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    i don't think it is too odd. The reporter was simply quoting what a doctor said about rushing the virus vaccine.

    “It’s just like Diana Ross and The Supremes,” Dr. Michael Saag, an associate dean for global health at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, said... “You can’t hurry love and you can’t hurry vaccine development. "

    To also embed a video of the song was probably for the many people who may not have gotten the reference to an over half a century old recording
    It was probably just a way to inject something else into a COVID piece. Better than a video/tweet from President Russian-Asset.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,249
    Rep Power
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    It was probably just a way to inject something else into a COVID piece. Better than a video/tweet from President Russian-Asset.
    To paraphrase Dr. Saag, I hope they can hurry vaccine for a cure to those country dividing presidential [[small letter "p") tweets

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.