[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross And The Supremes "Essential Diana Ross And The Supremes" budget 3CD set

Another one:
    Description
    The response to the news that Diana Ross was to play Glastonbury 2020 was unequivocal, people of all ages and from all walks of life were unanimous in their delight. That reaction highlighted that whilst she might represent different things to different people, she means much to many. Now well into her 70s it’s a testament to the impact the music she first made at Motown in the 60s with The Supremes and subsequently as a solo artist again with Motown and later RCA and Capitol/EMI. It’s that first period with The Supremes that this release celebrates and its one that made them until the mid-80s, the best-selling girl group in the UK. The crown would pass first to Bananarama who took more than a little inspiration from them and later The Spice Girls, yet 60 years on from their debut single they remain one of the top 10 best-selling girl groups in the world.

Originally called The Primettes, the group had all grown up in the Brewster-Douglas public Housing Projects in Detroit during the 50s. Signing to Motown in 1960 they were often the first choice for the label’s song writing team of Holland-Dozier-Holland and the pairing would help them secure a staggering 12 US Billboard No.1 singles during the decade. In 1967 with Ms Ross clearly the lead vocalist, Motown’s founder Berry Gordy renamed the group Diana Ross & The Supremes and the hits kept coming. Whilst she would leave in 1970 to pursue a solo career the group continued and again so did the hits. In all you’ll find 17 UK top 40 singles here including 10 UK top 10’s together with many more that were R&B and Billboard hits in the US, where they issued many more singles. Add to that key album tracks and you’ve got much more than a best of. Welcome to the world of Diana Ross & The Supremes.

Tracklist
    [CD1]
    1. Baby Love
    2. Where Did Our Love Go?
    3. You Can't Hurry Love
    4. Come See About Me
    5. Back In My Arms Again
    6. Nothing But Heartaches
    7. Your Heart Belongs To Me
    8. Let Me Go The Right Way
    9. A Breath taking Guy
    10. Buttered Popcorn
    11. When The Lovelight Starts Shining In His Eyes
    12. You Can't Do That
    13. Baby Doll
    14. Chain Gang
    15. Beach Ball
    16. The Boy From Ipanema
    17. Unchained Melody
    18. These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
    19. Baby, I Need Your Loving
    20. Heatwave

[CD2]
    1. You Keep Me Hangin' On
    2. Love Is Like An Itching In my Heart
    3. Reflections
    4. The Happening
    5. I'm Livin' In Shame
    6. Love Child
    7. Someday, We'll Be Together
    8. Stormy
    9. Forever Came Today
    10. Heaven Must Have Sent You
    11. Don't Let It Rain On My Parade
    12. Going Down For The Third Time
    13. Does Your Mama Know About Me
    14. Honey Bee [[Keep on Stinging Me)
    15. Everyday People
    16. No Matter What Sign You Are
    17. This Old Heart Of Mine
    18. Ode To Billie Joe
    19. The Young Folks

[CD3]
    1. Stoned Love
    2. Nathan Jones
    3. Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
    4. Up The Ladder To The Roof
    5. Floy Joy
    6. Bad Weather
    7. Over And Over
    8. Johnny Raven
    9. I Got Hurt [[Trying To Be The Only Girl In Your Life)
    10. I Keep It Hid
    11. 5:30 Plane
    12. The Shoop Shoop Song
    13. Where Do I Go From Here
    14. Early Morning love
    15. He's My Man
    16. I'm Going To Let My Heart Do The Walking
    17. High Energy
    18. You're My Driving Wheel
    19. Let Yourself Go
    20. Love, I Never Knew You Would Feel So Good

Amazon USA
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0898ZY2XH/?tag=imwan-20

Amazon UK
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0898ZY2XH/?tag=imwan-21

Name:  51WUEMbPM1L.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  34.2 KB

This appears to be a reissue of the 2016 compilation shown at the link below, but with a different cover:

https://www.discogs.com/Diana-Ross-T...elease/9729402

Even so, an August release of a CD, A-N-Y CD, is good news!!!

I like the cover artwork

That looks like another complete mess plus how many times does a hardcore fan need these songs...

Thanks Carlo:
    I had to search and found it in my stack...you saved me buying something that I have yet to play.

Quote Originally Posted by drlorne View Post
    Thanks Carlo:
    I had to search and found it in my stack...you saved me buying something that I have yet to play.
    No problem, drlorne. I know that feeling. A couple of times, I've purchased a particular release and then discovered some time later that I already owned it. I finally logged my 1,600+ CD/LP collection to Discogs last year, which is now conveniently searchable through their app. This allows me to avoid any more of those, "Do I already own this?" moments.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanj06 View Post
    That looks like another complete mess plus how many times does a hardcore fan need these songs...
    By the description of this collection, as posted, it is clear that this is not for a hardcore fan. It was marketed to the casual music lover as a result of the planned Diana Ross tour that included Glastonbury.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    By the description of this collection, as posted, it is clear that this is not for a hardcore fan. It was marketed to the casual music lover as a result of the planned Diana Ross tour that included Glastonbury.
    Point taken. I suppose it's the song sequencing that looks more of a mess. It would be nice if they just re-released the blue Greatest Hits from 1967 revamped to include all the hits and just leave it as an evergreen title. Even include mini posters. I am a stereo fanatic but I do like the mono Ultimate Collection. Hard to believe it's still available.

Does anyone know if ether of these compilations has any exclusive versions of tracks? In particular I'm wondering if the final track on CD3: "Love I Never Knew You Could Feel So Good" is the 7" version?