[REMOVE ADS]

Mary, Scherrie and Cindy 1974 photo shoot

this was a gorgeous photo shoot for the girls. they look great. these gowns have some interest accessories such as the skull caps, a feather boa lined wrap and then the boas could be attached to the base on the dress too, making double-layered ring of feathers.

pic 1 and 2 - they're holding the boas up by them
    pic 3 - you can see the wraps
    pic 4 - scherrie and cindy are wearing the wraps and mary's and down by her waist
    pic 5 - wearing the wraps
    pic 6 - wearing the wraps and also with the feathers attached to the bottom
    pic 7 - just wearing the feathers at the bottom
    pic 8 - wearing both again
    pic 9 - just the upper boas being held by M and S and cindy wearing hers

What a great shame a collective photo shoot has never been commissioned of the seven surviving members who at various points in time have been contracted a Supreme. Definitely one for the history books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    What a great shame a collective photo shoot has never been commissioned of the seven surviving members who at various points in time have been contracted a Supreme. Definitely one for the history books.
    I recall reading that there was to be such a photo shoot in the very early stages of RETURN TO LOVE but a snowstorm caused it to be cancelled. And of course, it never happened.

i'd assume that had the R2L tour happened as the FANS wanted it, where all surviving members of the group reunited, then there would have been many wonderful new group pics

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I recall reading that there was to be such a photo shoot in the very early stages of RETURN TO LOVE but a snowstorm caused it to be cancelled. And of course, it never happened.
    What a massive shame. I wonder why they never re-scheduled. Apart from anything else, it would have been nice seeing something positive amid all the usual drama.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Was this to happen before or after the ladies were asked to send in their audition tapes?

Quote Originally Posted by helga View Post
    Was this to happen before or after the ladies were asked to send in their audition tapes?
    I have no idea. I don't even remember for sure where I read it. Maybe one of the Yahoo groups. So much has been written about RTL in the past 20 years. But at the time of RTL, someone posted a timeline of various events and the photo shoot was on it.

Quote Originally Posted by helga View Post
    Were these audition tapes the reason why the original concept of the Supremes reunion was abandoned?.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i'd assume that had the R2L tour happened as the FANS wanted it, where all surviving members of the group reunited, then there would have been many wonderful new group pics
    The fans didn't want that. That was Scherrie Payne's idea and Diana Ross liked it too. I did not like it. I never heard anyone else say they liked that idea either.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    The fans didn't want that. That was Scherrie Payne's idea and Diana Ross liked it too. I did not like it. I never heard anyone else say they liked that idea either.
    Diana is an idiot if she thought this fan wanted it.

Were these audition tapes the reason why the original concept of the Supremes reunion was abandoned?.
    Rumor has it that Jean, and I think Susaye, refused the "audition" process. I think every adult has the right to determine whether they're comfortable with being asked to do anything in regards to future employment. However, if the ladies viewed it as an insult, it seems a bit ridiculous. This was a major tour, not a FLOS tour [[although technically it was indeed a tour of former ladies of the Supremes). People go to see Martha Reeves despite the fact that vocally she's usually at 3 percent [[based on the countless performances I've viewed over the years) because she was a star before she was a legend and her voice is the front for some of the world's most memorable songs. She may not sound like it, but it makes people feel good to say they saw the legend at all. But if she had been a replacement Supreme and never THE Martha Reeves, do you think anyone would want her warbling on an X city tour? Hell no. For awhile there Diana Ross was singing at about 50-60 percent, but she still put butts in the seats because of who she is. I think Mary and Cindy were going to be automatic no matter how they sounded. But if Scherrie and Lynda had sounded like shit, they never would've been on the RTL tour. To me that's just good business.