[REMOVE ADS]

Debbie "sister" sledge releases nina simone jazz tribute album

Name:  debbie-sledge.jpg
Views: 1136
Size:  15.4 KBCelebrating her 66th birthday [[wow 66), Debbie Sledge of the hit group Sister Sledge released a live jazz album with jazz legend Niels Lan Doky honoring the music of Nina Simone.

https://www.amazon.com/Sledge-Sings-...5262958&sr=8-2

The album appears to be cheaper on 7Digital, which offers CD quality and Hi Res options.

https://us.7digital.com/artist/debbi...imone-11979538

Because I love the song, I just listened Debbie sing Mr Bojangles from this album. Debbie’s version is horrible. The song is way above her skill set.

Now that you mention it, I was mildly puzzled to read that she even tackled anything as a solo artist. What if any Sister Sledge songs did she sing lead on? I always thought Kathy was the primary if not the only lead vocalist.

Joni also sang lead on some songs such as "Lost in Music". I always thought she was the better singer but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Now that you mention it, I was mildly puzzled to read that she even tackled anything as a solo artist. What if any Sister Sledge songs did she sing lead on? I always thought Kathy was the primary if not the only lead vocalist.
    All of the sisters sing lead on their albums even though Kathy sang lead on most of the hit songs. Debbie is a very capable lead singer. Here are all four sisters singing.

This is a Debbie lead on their 1975 debut album

This is a Debbie lead from the We Are Family album.

A Debbie lead produced by Narada Michael Walden

A Debbie lead produced by George Duke

Speaking of the 'sisters'....nice web site.
    http://sistersledge.com/

This CD listed on Amazon. None available. No track listing.