[REMOVE ADS]

The Velvelettes Ain't No Place Like Motown

Was always curious about this. Was this ever intended for release or was this tied in with some kind of company-related event?

Probably the second

I always thought it was a radio commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I always thought it was a radio commercial.
    Hmmmmm. Sounds good but it would make for a pretty long commercial, unless it was edited into several shorter spots?

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    Probably the second
    That's what it would seem to me...or something for fan clubs...

There is one person who could give you an accurate answer. John Lester. He is our Velvelettes expert. He knows everything and everything about the group.

I am really sorry but I don't know and neither does Cal. Her answer of...they had something in mind but I don't really know what...doesn't really answer the question .....although it seems that it was to promote something rather than find its way as a 45 release?

As much as these songs all mean something to you me and all of us on SDF and we would like for there to be some kind of fascinating history attached to it, the artists are not the ones that know about it until its done. Cal told me, they call me...sometimes in the middle of the night and say.....we are sending a car over to pick you up and we want you to learn the song on the way to the studio. Arriving at the studio, she would go over it, record it and then either get taken home or move onto the next. Producer Rick Witte would be a better person to ask for information on this song

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I am really sorry but I don't know and neither does Cal. Her answer of...they had something in mind but I don't really know what...doesn't really answer the question .....although it seems that it was to promote something rather than find its way as a 45 release?

As much as these songs all mean something to you me and all of us on SDF and we would like for there to be some kind of fascinating history attached to it, the artists are not the ones that know about it until its done. Cal told me, they call me...sometimes in the middle of the night and say.....we are sending a car over to pick you up and we want you to learn the song on the way to the studio. Arriving at the studio, she would go over it, record it and then either get taken home or move onto the next. Producer Rick Witte would be a better person to ask for information on this song
    O.K. Thanks for that and asking Cal about it!