[REMOVE ADS]

How can I add sound files [[NOT also video files) to posts without an Internet URL?

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  21.1 KB
    As far as I know, the built-in "Insert Video" Tool requires an Internet URL [[Internet address) to find our video file and capture it, and transport it to our posts. I've tried to drag and drop my own audio files, located on my computer's desktop into my posts, but that doesn't work.

Can someone please tell me how to insert a simple audio file into a post, so others can listen to it, without my having to set up a file hosting site of my own on The Internet to link to?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by robb_k; 07-19-2020 at 08:12 PM.

I tried to find a way to do it but it doesn't appear possible, Robb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I tried to find a way to do it but it doesn't appear possible, Robb.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  21.1 KB
    Then what is the easiest way to convert a simple audio file to make an audio/video file, and what is the easiest way to get a cost free Internet host website to host it? I have my own You-Tube channel [[only because my comments on posted videos got more than 50 people to "follow" me). I haven't posted even 1 video. Is that easy to do? Do I have to download a software program to allow me to convert simple audio files to audio/video files? Can I download such a program for free?
    Last edited by robb_k; 07-21-2020 at 12:55 AM.

Robb, there is a site that can convert an mp3 file to mp4 video. It's online, so you do not have to install any software. All you need to do is upload the mp3 and an image. After processing, you download the mp4 to your computer.

Here is the site: https://mp3toolbox.net/mp3_to_mp4#.XxciKed7lhE

Can you attached an uploaded mp4 to SoulfulDetroit posts? Or would he have to upload the mp4 to YouTube so he could attach the video here? Seems simple enough.

I believe the 2nd option is the only viable one.