[REMOVE ADS]

Here’s the Story Behind 1981’s ‘Endless Love

The original solo demo by Lionel of “Endless Love,” with a slightly different arrangement and no soaring vocals.

Before the song was envisioned as a duet and even before the below demo, “Endless Love” was requested as an instrumental. in the link below, Richie tells ABC News how Jamie Bernstein’s presence in the movie and Diana's artistry in the studio helped to fashion a final product that Billboard called “the greatest song duet of all time.”

“What I wrote as ‘Endless Love’ and what I sang are two different things because there were certain parts that she just killed on,” Richie said of Diana Ross.

https://eurweb.com/2020/07/17/no-one...deo-throwback/

^ The demo sounded like a straight up country song haha

The demo is absolutely my favourite version [[no disrepect to Miss Ross). I just love the tone of Richie's voice. The words are quite simple - the melody makes it stand out. Deservedly a huge hit but wouldn't go as far as "the greatest song duet" personally.

I'm always touched by the video of Betty Everett and Jerry Butler singing "Let It Be Me" where they have their little dance. That's a classic.