[REMOVE ADS]

Claudine bluray release october 13,2020

Claudine

Synopsis: Diahann Carroll is radiant in an unforgettable, Oscar-nominated performance as Claudine, a strong-willed single mother, raising six kids in Harlem, whose budding relationship with a gregarious garbage collector [[an equally fantastic James Earl Jones) is stressed by the difficulty of getting by in an oppressive system. As directed by the formerly blacklisted leftist filmmaker John Berry, this romantic comedy with a social conscience deftly balances warm humor with a serious look at the myriad issues—from cycles of poverty to the indignities of the welfare system—that shape its characters' realities. The result is an empathetic chronicle of both Black working-class struggle and Black joy, a bittersweet, bighearted celebration of family and community set to a sunny soul soundtrack composed by Curtis Mayfield and performed by Gladys Knight & the Pips.

Special Features and Technical Specs:
    • NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack
    • Audio commentary from 2003 featuring actors Diahann Carroll, James Earl Jones, and Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs; filmmaker George Tillman Jr.; and Dan Pine, son of screenwriters Lester Pine and Tina Pine
    • New conversation on the film between filmmaker Robert Townsend and programmer Ashley Clark
    • Illustrated audio excerpts from a 1974 AFI Harold Lloyd Master Seminar featuring Carroll
    • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    • PLUS: An essay by critic Danielle A. Jackson

STREET DATE: OCTOBER 13.
    Name:  Claudine.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  18.7 KB

Wow! This is great news & thanks to Jack020 for sharing.

Break out the Champagne! This film takes me to a warm, sunny place. Thanks for sharing.

I must learn not to jump to conclusions!!! When I saw the headline that implied an October release date, I got all excited because as you guys have learned from reading my posts, I want the CD era to stick around as long as it possibly can. So I saw that and said briefly to myself "Well I have never heard of Claudine Bluray, but I am glad to hear she is releasing a CD!"

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I must learn not to jump to conclusions!!! When I saw the headline that implied an October release date, I got all excited because as you guys have learned from reading my posts, I want the CD era to stick around as long as it possibly can. So I saw that and said briefly to myself "Well I have never heard of Claudine Bluray, but I am glad to hear she is releasing a CD!"
    Simply hilarious!