I spend a lot of time listening to the music channels on my Cable TV. You know the TV equivalent to Sirius XM radio. [[I am on Lumos Networks by the way, which I have found to be far better than Comcast ever was.)

Anyway I switch from channel to channel as I am listening but my favorite is the Classic R & B channel and boy, was this ever a great weekend!!! When something comes on that I really enjoy I will crank up the volume and the rest of the household comes running to see what all the excitement is all about. So this weekend I was fortunate enough to hear three favorites in their entirety. [[As you all know, nothing is more frustrating than to turn to a radio station or music channel and catch a song just as it is ending.)

My first volume-cranker was a Motown classic, the original "Heaven Must Have Sent You" by the Elgins. How that was not a top five song I will never know. Definitely one of my top Motown favorites of all time.

Then later I freaked when they played an obscure Ann Peebles song that to the best of my knowledge was just an album track and never made any noise on its own. It is called "You've Got the Papers [[I've Got the Man.)" A classic Willie Mitchell production from her wonderful "Handwriting is on the Wall" album that was my introduction to her courtesy of a K Mart 50 cent bargain bin. Needless to say I grabbed everything else I could by her after that.

To complete this weekend's trifecta, just a short while ago in fact, they played another under-rated Motown classic that I only discovered within the past few years......Marv Johnson's "I'll Pick a Rose For My Rose." Up until a few years ago, I had only heard bits and pieces of Marv and had assumed that he was too early in the Motown story for me to have any interest in him. But I heard that song one night on Pandora and loved it. I highly recommend his Motown anthology collection for those of you who might not have it.

So that was my weekend walk down Musical Memory Lane. Three radically different songs you might say, but it is for sure that they don't make them like that anymore!