[REMOVE ADS]

Four Tops - She Gave Me Love

I'm wondering if someone can answer a question regarding the Four Tops', pre-Motown, "She Gave Me Love". I say it is Theron Hill in the lead, but two other people insist it's Levi Stubbs "in his natural baritone." Is that voice even a baritone? Am I wrong about it being Theron?

Its Levi. He and I had actually discussed that song years ago. It was released as Country Girl in 1956 [[although She Gave Me Love makes more sense).
    As you probably know, Theron joined them for awhile in 1960, while Obie was in the service[[I believe). He sang lead on Lonely Summer.

Jim: It is one year two days from now, Saturday. Is there a ray of hope for some new Four Tops podcasts? You told us this one year ago Saturday:

I had been working on the podcasts with Anthony. Unfortunately, personal issues on Anthony's part have forced the podcast to go on a temporary hiatus.
    Hopefully, we will be back soon. To answer your question, No, Anthony has not completed his mission. We have a lot more shows to do to honor the Four Tops. As of now, there are no plans to do podcasts on any other groups or performers.
    More info will be provided when there is something to report.

Jim

Tell Anthony he is sorely missed. Thank you.

Hi Woodward,
    Sadly, I havent heard from Anthony since late into the day of Levi's Birthday,last year. I dont know if he's ok,or if something has happened to him. Anthony was the backbone of the podcast,and it can't be done without him, or at least I can't do it.
    Wish I had better news for you. He's a great guy, and the podcasts were a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtopsjim View Post
    Hi Woodward,
    Sadly, I havent heard from Anthony since late into the day of Levi's Birthday,last year. I dont know if he's ok,or if something has happened to him. Anthony was the backbone of the podcast,and it can't be done without him, or at least I can't do it.
    Wish I had better news for you. He's a great guy, and the podcasts were a lot of fun.
    Well fourtopsjim if you do ever happened to hear from him, please let him know we enjoyed and appreciated the podcasts!

By all means.

Thank you, fourtopsjim. I appreciate your response.

Anytime. The 4Tops are my guys.