[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I betcha he also didn’t like her blowing kisses into the audience at Central Park asking them “can you feel me”. He sounds that type.
    Yup. And he about died when she said "Spreadin love".

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I posted the article so you are insulting me. You stupid F**ker! You are that stupid and that big of an asshole? You want to insult me, let's arrange for you to do it to my face and not like some punk behind a keyboard, cool? Oh it can be arranged. Diana Ross ain't got you this damned wound up!
    If I'm a stupid fucker, yo mama one. Let's just get that out of the way first.

Secondly, why don't you calm down and tell us what's going on my brother. Now over the last few years you and I have had agreements as well as disagreements. You've blocked me and I've blocked you. We've [[obviously) unblocked each other. I've taken my shots at you, you've taken them at me. I know for a fact that I've insulted you waaaayyyyy worst than suggesting you were capable of writing a fake review of a Diana Ross movie, but it's this...this...that has you so mad that you're calling me out of my name and suggesting we have a face to face? I want to assume that this is you having some kind of breakdown.

Now I've always assumed that you were a member of the "sick and shut in" community, unable to leave your home either due to illness or morbid obesity, which would explain why you live in this forum. Of course that's all speculation. But whatever your situation, you will not get me to have a back and forth with you on the internet where we start arguing about what would happen if we came face to face. Let's be honest, of everyone here, you are probably the biggest keyboard warrior around. And I mean "biggest" in every sense of the word.

I will not entertain your childish "I bet you wouldn't say that to my face" nonsense. I realize this is probably a cry for help for you. You're lonely, you want some company, and this is the only way you think you can get someone to come and visit. This aint the way Big Guy. If you want us to show you some love and attention, try to be a little nicer. I bet you have it in you.

Until then...Reach out and touch...

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    If I'm a stupid fucker, yo mama one. Let's just get that out of the way first.

Secondly, why don't you calm down and tell us what's going on my brother. Now over the last few years you and I have had agreements as well as disagreements. You've blocked me and I've blocked you. We've [[obviously) unblocked each other. I've taken my shots at you, you've taken them at me. I know for a fact that I've insulted you waaaayyyyy worst than suggesting you were capable of writing a fake review of a Diana Ross movie, but it's this...this...that has you so mad that you're calling me out of my name and suggesting we have a face to face? I want to assume that this is you having some kind of breakdown.

Now I've always assumed that you were a member of the "sick and shut in" community, unable to leave your home either due to illness or morbid obesity, which would explain why you live in this forum. Of course that's all speculation. But whatever your situation, you will not get me to have a back and forth with you on the internet where we start arguing about what would happen if we came face to face. Let's be honest, of everyone here, you are probably the biggest keyboard warrior around. And I mean "biggest" in every sense of the word.

I will not entertain your childish "I bet you wouldn't say that to my face" nonsense. I realize this is probably a cry for help for you. You're lonely, you want some company, and this is the only way you think you can get someone to come and visit. This aint the way Big Guy. If you want us to show you some love and attention, try to be a little nicer. I bet you have it in you.

Until then...Reach out and touch...
    Old Marv thinks hes some kinda tough gal Ida Lupino prison warden RanRan. Hes threatened people here before and always wants to meet on a street corner to duke it out. Hes real pitiful and the only person Diane Ross has got all wound up is his sorry ass. Do you think Miss Ross whos sitting on a quarter billion bucks in a Hollywood Hills mansion gives a hoot what old Marv thinks or says.

I posted the article so you are insulting me. You stupid F**ker! You are that stupid and that big of an asshole? You want to insult me, let's arrange for you to do it to my face and not like some punk behind a keyboard, cool? Oh it can be arranged. Diana Ross ain't got you this damned wound up!
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Good point. I didnt know that getting physical with people was considered positive behavior. I don’t believe in putting my hands on people I care about or in general per comments above. Big difference between wanting to and doing it! Diana has a history alledgedly of doing just that per Motown books.
    Shouldnt you be scolding your Mistress about threatening people with bodily harm Luke? You said you don’t believe in putting my hands on people I care about or in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Old Marv thinks hes some kinda tough gal Ida Lupino prison warden RanRan. Hes threatened people here before and always wants to meet on a street corner to duke it out. Hes real pitiful and the only person Diane Ross has got all wound up is his sorry ass. Do you think Miss Ross whos sitting on a quarter billion bucks in a Hollywood Hills mansion gives a hoot what old Marv thinks or says.
    Now that was some funny sh*t. Ida Lupino LOLOLOLOL! BTW, how much more of this can y'all take? He used a potty mouth name call and also kinda sorta threatened Ran.

Peter Benjaminson himself was full of shit and wanted to paint the picture of an evil, mean Diana Ross, and he set out to do it. I called him on some shit back when the book was released and his responses convinced me he was full of shit from day one. I appreciate that he took the time to document Florence in any way, but I wonder what her thoughts would be if she could read the book or hear his assessment of things today. Don't get me started on him.
    Remember that scam of a movie he was involved with. Hes just anoyther loser another opportunist cashing in on Flo.

Flo felt that way before the 70s. But yeah, alcoholism messes with your brain like any other addiction. It can make you paranoid and distrustful. I think both Diana and Mary wanted Flo to succeed and be happy post Supremes, but neither of them were equipped to do a thing about it really. Mary criticizes Flo's family in her second book, characterizing them as basically being fair weather family. I think Mary refused to acknowledge that if she, Flo's friend who lived a thousand miles away and only saw Flo once a year, could be frustrated by Flo's situation, her family there 365 days were probably a million times more frustrated. It's very hard on a family when one of them has mental issues, or addiction issues, or just plain aint doing right. I know the Ballards had to be tired.
    Mary was wrong for attacking the Ballards. She should've walked in their shoes to understand what they were going through.

Yeah, Captain EO was bad. I haven't seen it since the mid 90s even though I have it on VHS. I remember watching it then and thinking "yikes". Maybe I should watch it soon and see how I feel.
    I think it's even worse now. I watched it for the first and only time in 1995 on MTV. It was AWFUL. So if it was awful at 11, imagine seeing it while pushing 37! Lol

Say it one more time for the people in the back.

As for the Beatles, I do remember someone once saying that Beatles forums make Supremes forums look like Mister Rogers Neighborhood, or something to that effect. However, I don't think there's a Beatles fan alive who allows any of their controversy to stain the overall legacy of the band. Meanwhile, Supremes fans everywhere would rather discuss the controversies than the music itself. Tsk tsk.
    Yeah you only hear gossip and innuendo and outright hating. Folks don't realize that by attacking Diana, they're destroying the Supremes' legacy and I doubt any of them - Mary, Cindy, Jean, Scherrie, Lynda and Susaye - would like that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    In SUPREME FAITH, Mary wrote that prior to Flo's visit to LA in 1974, they had spoken a lot. In the back of her mind, she entertained the thought of asking Flo back but she knew Flo still had a lot of issues. She didn't mention actually making an offer. Flo drank a lot during the visit and instead of being angry, now seemed resigned to her fate which killed Mary.

She says the one bright spot of the trip was Flo joining the group onstage at Magic Mountain but a few days later, she returned to Detroit and Mary felt she was lost forever.
    In another interview, Cindy spoke of Flo's visit and said that they were encouraging her to get back in the business. I think she might have even mentioned some picnic where they invited some folks to meet Flo. But Flo said something about missing her kids and went back home.
    I had to go back, I think Mary WAS encouraging her to make a music comeback but Flo wasn't too optimistic about it and that crushed Mary. Flo had said that she probably wouldn't entertain a reunion because of the way the business treated her once they thought [[Motown, not the group) she was "disposable".

Peter Benjaminson himself was full of shit and wanted to paint the picture of an evil, mean Diana Ross, and he set out to do it. I called him on some shit back when the book was released and his responses convinced me he was full of shit from day one. I appreciate that he took the time to document Florence in any way, but I wonder what her thoughts would be if she could read the book or hear his assessment of things today. Don't get me started on him.
    I always thought Peter was smug lol
    I hate how he just redid Rick James' book as if he had interviewed him for the book lmfao

Flo would probably be pissed off at him right now for the book.

so what were the 'secrets' of this sparrow that were revealed in this book ??

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    so what were the 'secrets' of this sparrow that were revealed in this book ??
    That having a lot of hair is a big responsibility..........

that having a lot of hair is a big responsibility..........
    lol.......

I've seen him get downright stupid with some posters, but he usually doesn't do me that way, so I was a bit taken aback. For the record, I haven't had a fight since I was a teenager and I'll be damned if the next one I have is because of a connection to Diana Ross. That's not even something I'm willing to entertain. What a sad individual he has to be to get that riled up over anything going on in this forum. Even when I've been annoyed by, say the racist in the forum, I've never resorted to the suggestion that we meet up. Meet up for what? I don't give that much of a shit about anyone's opinion on the internet. But I guess when you're homebound [[even before Covid) and unable to interact with the public, the goings on in internet land become of increasing importance.

Quote Originally Posted by monicarivers View Post
    Now that was some funny sh*t. Ida Lupino LOLOLOLOL! BTW, how much more of this can y'all take? He used a potty mouth name call and also kinda sorta threatened Ran.
    I'll take whatever he dishes out Monica because I can throw it back. It's fun!

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I think it's even worse now. I watched it for the first and only time in 1995 on MTV. It was AWFUL. So if it was awful at 11, imagine seeing it while pushing 37! Lol
    That's when I taped it! LOL MTV had this Jacksons everything week or month and I was a taping fool!

Remember that scam of a movie he was involved with. Hes just anoyther loser another opportunist cashing in on Flo.
    To be fair Roberta, I think he may have been duped along with everyone else that had become involved. It was such a shame that someone took the opportunity to attach Flo's name to a con. Interestingly, I wonder if that chick who is pretending to be Flo's daughter Nicole is the woman who was behind the whole project. She's a twisted individual.

I hate how he just redid Rick James' book as if he had interviewed him for the book lmfao

He was ridiculous. He wrote this passage in the book about Diana saying that Flo's parents selfishly wanted Flo to be a singer more than she wanted it for herself. In actuality Diana said Flo's "family" wanted it more than Flo wanted it. Now Diana's statement seems to be bullshit, but it would be nice if she ever clarified what she meant by that. But I found it interesting that Benjaminson criticized Diana for making that statement, but not Mary for saying that the Ballards took from Flo and gave nothing back.

That's when I taped it! LOL MTV had this Jacksons everything week or month and I was a taping fool!
    Yeah, they had a MJ week when HIStory came out [[or when his music video to "Scream" premiered, I remember how big of a deal that was), they were airing everything MJ ever doggone did, even the Jackson 5 cartoon series lmao

When I saw Captain EO, I remember being excited to finally see the film, only to see it and cringe the whole time. LOL

He was ridiculous. He wrote this passage in the book about Diana saying that Flo's parents selfishly wanted Flo to be a singer more than she wanted it for herself. In actuality Diana said Flo's "family" wanted it more than Flo wanted it. Now Diana's statement seems to be bullshit, but it would be nice if she ever clarified what she meant by that. But I found it interesting that Benjaminson criticized Diana for making that statement, but not Mary for saying that the Ballards took from Flo and gave nothing back.
    It makes more money for the most famous of the Supremes to be critical of her ex-partners than for a lesser famous Supreme to be critical... that's all that was. If Diana deserved the smoke for what she said about Flo, so did Mary. It's only fair. The fact Peter didn't shows how obtuse he is.

That having a lot of hair is a big responsibility..........
    lol! You're too much Marv!

but seriously, with a title like that , what was revealed ??

And here ya go. LMAO

OMG!!!! I didn't know this existed. How funny! She was brazenly unrepentant! Ha!

Although, it makes sense that I didn't know because I went cold on her when she released FBTP. I gave her up for all the new contemporary girls who were popular then. I didn't rejoin the Ross cult until EDIAND. I was only vaguely aware of her Superbowl Halftime performance.

Yeah, they had a MJ week when HIStory came out [[or when his music video to "Scream" premiered, I remember how big of a deal that was), they were airing everything MJ ever doggone did, even the Jackson 5 cartoon series lmao

When I saw Captain EO, I remember being excited to finally see the film, only to see it and cringe the whole time. LOL
    Yup, and I was here for it. That's actually the last time I was Michael Jackson crazy. "You Are Not Alone" was out later that summer and it was the jam, but after that I put Mike in the "used to be great" category and moved on. He had lost a lot of what made him captivating during my childhood.

It makes more money for the most famous of the Supremes to be critical of her ex-partners than for a lesser famous Supreme to be critical... that's all that was. If Diana deserved the smoke for what she said about Flo, so did Mary. It's only fair. The fact Peter didn't shows how obtuse he is.
    Yeah, they always use Diana's name and reputation, rather than letting the truth be the truth.

Yup, and I was here for it. That's actually the last time I was Michael Jackson crazy. "You Are Not Alone" was out later that summer and it was the jam, but after that I put Mike in the "used to be great" category and moved on. He had lost a lot of what made him captivating during my childhood.
    He lost the Midas touch with HIStory and never came back up.

Yeah, they always use Diana's name and reputation, rather than letting the truth be the truth.
    As always. I hope one day when they do a new book on the Supremes, they'll be more fair to all of them. After all, they were human and went through ups and downs, many of which we could only begin to imagine, and yet out of it came all this legendary music. Maybe we'll never get it because we're living in a "what's the tea" era and even now any stories on Diana, true or false, still gets tongues wagging.

I'll take whatever he dishes out Monica because I can throw it back. It's fun!
    Speaking of “dishes”, I’m sure he has a few favorites lol. But seriously, my partner read this thread last night and LOLd as well. Marv thinks that Diana Ross, who had a DUI twenty years ago is somehow Satan incarnate but literally thinks other celebrities who’ve been accused of, and or charged with pedophilia/sexual abuse/assault are great figures in black history on par with Frederick Douglas and Malcolm X??? Can’t make this shit up!

I can only imagine you are right. the only things that i took away from the tapes is she was reallllly mad at Berry Gordy, never really had any any knock down fights with Diana and Mary and really loved her family.

Pedro Ferrer was a man who beat the shit out of his wife for doing things as innocent as attending concerts and chastising his siblings. Help me understand how that is on the same level as Diana Ross saying she wanted to shake Florence?
    Don’t waste your time trying to reason with this crazy person, Ran. He thinks a child molester and a serial sexual abuser are great black Americans lol

As always. I hope one day when they do a new book on the Supremes, they'll be more fair to all of them. After all, they were human and went through ups and downs, many of which we could only begin to imagine, and yet out of it came all this legendary music. Maybe we'll never get it because we're living in a "what's the tea" era and even now any stories on Diana, true or false, still gets tongues wagging.
    And we need to all remember that DMF were real young when they short to fame. Im not proud of my bratty behavior in my teens and 20s.

And we need to all remember that DMF were real young when they short to fame. Im not proud of my bratty behavior in my teens and 20s.
    Yeah, Diana and Mary had just turned 20 and Flo only 21 when they began to have hit records. Only 16/17 when they signed with Motown. People should put that in perspective.

Yeah, Diana and Mary had just turned 20 and Flo only 21 when they began to have hit records. Only 16/17 when they signed with Motown. People should put that in perspective.
    Wise words midnight. I was a complete angel in my teens and early 20’s, but realise now i was probably one of a small minority.
    These girls were still very young to be suddenly thrust into the full glare of the media spotlight and all that that entails. With their workload probably quadrupled, they must have been under incredible pressure at times. Diana’s worrying weight loss being just one of the symptoms.

He lost the Midas touch with HIStory and never came back up.
    Musically speaking, the Invincible album was a return to form. I actually enjoyed it. "Butterflies" reminded me of the old Mike. But I still wasn't wowed like I used to be. I really think that experience was a once in a lifetime. At his peak, there wasn't anybody bigger than Michael Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I can only imagine you are right. the only things that i took away from the tapes is she was reallllly mad at Berry Gordy, never really had any any knock down fights with Diana and Mary and really loved her family.
    I emailed Benjaminson once about when he would release all of the tapes and he said he was making plans to do that. I really would love to hear Flo tell the story in her own words and voice. That's been at least 10 years ago and not a peep. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Wise words midnight. I was a complete angel in my teens and early 20’s, but realise now i was probably one of a small minority.
    These girls were still very young to be suddenly thrust into the full glare of the media spotlight and all that that entails. With their workload probably quadrupled, they must have been under incredible pressure at times. Diana’s worrying weight loss being just one of the symptoms.
    Yeah. Diana was battling anorexia nervosa before there was a name for it. Being 20, 21, 22, 23 and being overworked, I'm actually surprised any of them survived the way Berry booked them!

Musically speaking, the Invincible album was a return to form. I actually enjoyed it. "Butterflies" reminded me of the old Mike. But I still wasn't wowed like I used to be. I really think that experience was a once in a lifetime. At his peak, there wasn't anybody bigger than Michael Jackson.
    He peaked with Thriller IMHO. Everything else moved downwards.

He peaked with Thriller IMHO. Everything else moved downwards.
    You think so? I think "Another Part Of Me", "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", "Man In the Mirror", "Liberian Girl", "Dirty Diana", "Smooth Criminal" and "Leave Me Alone" were as good or "better" than some of the songs on Thriller. Same thing with Dangerous. Definitely "Remember the Time" was as good as anything he had done before. Quality wise, Mike never slipped until HIStory, IMO.

Both points are valid.

It was hard not to slip after Thriller and his sales sure did. And then he started to go screwy with either his ailments or his syndromes.

But he did have good music after Thriller for sure.

Every time I see those later pictures where his face was deteriorating, I always hope it was a medical condition he was dealing with as opposed to some mental condition causing him to do bad things to himself.

You think so? I think "Another Part Of Me", "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", "Man In the Mirror", "Liberian Girl", "Dirty Diana", "Smooth Criminal" and "Leave Me Alone" were as good or "better" than some of the songs on Thriller. Same thing with Dangerous. Definitely "Remember the Time" was as good as anything he had done before. Quality wise, Mike never slipped until HIStory, IMO.
    Bad was pretty good, but Thriller was a perfect alignment. Dangerous was when he started to lose the plot where HIStory put the nail in the coffin.

Bad was pretty good, but Thriller was a perfect alignment. Dangerous was when he started to lose the plot where HIStory put the nail in the coffin.
    Off The Wall my absolute fave, especially if you were in the discos in the late 70s!

Anorexia nervosa is NOT being skinny because of youth and hard work. Ross did NOT have anorexia !!! She was young, had a high metabolism, and burned more calories than she took in. She was very aware of being super skinny and often made jokes about it. On the other hand, Karen Carpenter actually thought she was fat and regularly dieted.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 07-17-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Anorexia nervosa is NOT being skinny because of youth and hard work. Ross did NOT have anorexia !!! She was young, had a high metabolism, and burned more calories than she took in. She was very aware of being super skinny and often made jokes about it. On the other hand, Karen Carpenter actually thought she was fat and regularly dieted.
    Diana was stressed. Stress can suppress your appetite. I worked in a high stress environment years ago and I had to force myself to eat a small meal everyday. I went from 160 down to 130 in just a few months.

Wow, yep time to get a new job.

.....^^ lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Wow, yep time to get a new job.
    Lol it all paid off after about a year though. Led to a nice promotion and pay raise. Just had to earn my stripes first. Unfortunately it just cost me health for a little bit there.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Lol it all paid off after about a year though. Led to a nice promotion and pay raise. Just had to earn my stripes first. Unfortunately it just cost me health for a little bit there.
    i am happy it all worked out well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by monicarivers View Post
    Off The Wall my absolute fave, especially if you were in the discos in the late 70s!
    OTW was his masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Diana was stressed. Stress can suppress your appetite. I worked in a high stress environment years ago and I had to force myself to eat a small meal everyday. I went from 160 down to 130 in just a few months.
    And in SOAS, Diana talked about working so much that she refused to eat. She strove for perfection especially in those days as lead singer of the Supremes. I don't know why some fans are acting like she wasn't vulnerable. Come on now... people react differently. Diana worked so much she didn't think of food, Karen suffered from low self esteem about her looks so she didn't think of food. You react differently especially when you get so much success when you're still pretty young.

In the book, Diana wrote that it actually got to the point that she couldn't stand the smell of food and when she tried to eat, her jaws would clamp down. She went on to say that she enjoyed working the Apollo because nearby was a steak house where they had steak sandwiches and baked potatoes, one of the few meals she enjoyed.