[REMOVE ADS]

RIP Charlie Daniels

Although I have not personally seen any references to it, a very good source tells me that country rocker Charlie Daniels has died in the last day or two. I think he was around 83. Don't know any other details.

R I P

Charlie

edafan

This is sad news. Charlie Daniels was part of the soundtrack that changed American music. Urban Cowboy had nearly a huge an impact on popular music and American style as Saturday Night Fever and I'd wager that The Devil Went Down To Georgia got spun a lot off of that record. He made the transition from old school country without having to go through the Kenny/Dolly pop (sellout) phase. There's something to say about keeping it real. RIP.

The Georgia track was probably his commercial peak and still rocks today. I believe he played fiddle on Dylan's Lay lady lay?