[REMOVE ADS]

RIP Charlie Daniels

Although I have not personally seen any references to it, a very good source tells me that country rocker Charlie Daniels has died in the last day or two. I think he was around 83. Don't know any other details.

R I P

Charlie

edafan

This is sad news. Charlie Daniels was part of the soundtrack that changed American music. Urban Cowboy had nearly a huge an impact on popular music and American style as Saturday Night Fever and I'd wager that The Devil Went Down To Georgia got spun a lot off of that record. He made the transition from old school country without having to go through the Kenny/Dolly pop [[sellout) phase. There's something to say about keeping it real. RIP.

The Georgia track was probably his commercial peak and still rocks today. I believe he played fiddle on Dylan's Lay lady lay?

Charlie Daniels also has ties to Northern soul, believe it or not...he wrote "I've Got You On My Mind Again" by Billy Joe Young and "Good Soul Lovin'" by Queenie Lyons, and wrote quite a few other non-Northern songs as well, like "It Hurts Me", a song that Elvis Presley recorded.

Best,

Mark