[REMOVE ADS]

Anything New on Diana Ross?

Has she done anything of interest this year? Virtual concerts? Interviews? Talks with her fans?

Someone clearly hacked Marv2's account.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Someone clearly hacked Marv2's account.

"Originally Posted by
    marv2 October 2016
    I don't even go into most Diana Ross threads on here."

But now Marvs starting Diana Ross threads. LMAO. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

He’s blocked but we all know he’s just doing it to keep pushing his nonsensical obsession with thinking she’s washed up, irrelevant, etc. She’s worth a quarter of a billion dollars and has seven adorable grandchildren. Most of us are satisfied with her long, storied career. She could retire tonight and we’d give her props.

Quote Originally Posted by monicarivers View Post
    He’s blocked but we all know he’s just doing it to keep pushing his nonsensical obsession with thinking she’s washed up, irrelevant, etc. She’s worth a quarter of a billion dollars and has seven adorable grandchildren. Most of us are satisfied with her long, storied career. She could retire tonight and we’d give her props.
    During the deadliest pandemic in a century, I know the first question on everyone's mind is "where in the world is Diana Ross?". I still stick to my original assumption - his account was hacked.

During the deadliest pandemic in a century, I know the first question on everyone's mind is "where in the world is Diana Ross?". I still stick to my original assumption - his account was hacked.
    LOL. Good one. Lemme get my mask, hand sanitizer, and check to see if Diana Ross is giving radio and podcast interviews to Z-List personalities.

LOL. Good one. Lemme get my mask, hand sanitizer, and check to see if Diana Ross is giving radio and podcast interviews to Z-List personalities.
    OMG!!! Light bulb! Let's make and distribute Diana Ross masks to all SD members! "Don't Touch Me In the Morning" emblazoned under a photo of her.

OMG!!! Light bulb! Let's make and distribute Diana Ross masks to all SD members! "Don't Touch Me In the Morning" emblazoned under a photo of her.
    Hahahahaha!

I heard her new album is going to be on Decca

Decca is still around???

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Decca is still around???
    Very much so although I’m now opening up a can of worms that will lead to a whole discussion on how washed up and irrelevant they are.

https://instagram.com/deccarecords?igshid=lyy5n3ys7iw6

Very much so although I’m now opening up a can of worms that will lead to a whole discussion on how washed up and irrelevant they are.

https://instagram.com/deccarecords?igshid=lyy5n3ys7iw6
    Decca's parent company is Universal, so no need to worry about anyone thinking that they are washed up or irrelevant

It appears that Diana has a deal with Universal. The last 2 albums she released [[Diamond Diana collection and the remix album) are on Universal. So I would think her new album will be released by them or one of their labels- like Decca, if that’s true. What is the source for the Decca rumor?

Somebody on here posted an Adam White interview in some thread - and he talks about it

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I heard her new album is going to be on Decca
    Decca would be an odd choice. It would indicate it won't be Motown/soul stylistically. US Decca was much more known for pop, country and jazz singers, while British Decca was largely classical. If she is doing a jazz album, Verve would be the better choice. DR on Decca is very strange.

She's certainly getting ample time to put some serious focus on a new album, if the interest is seriously there .

well the album of new remixes of the classic hits should surface shortly https://www.amazon.com/Supertonic-Mi...s=music&sr=1-1
    Last edited by Jimi LaLumia; 07-08-2020 at 07:42 PM.

Really Marv? Well here ya go...

From Billboard...

Love Was Here But Now It's Gone For Supreme Diana Ross

Legendary songstress Diana Ross is singing the blues after becoming the latest victim of cancel culture. The Supremes frontwoman twitted support for the maintaining of Confederate monuments.

"Those brave men stood up for what they believed in," Ross tweeted. "If you take them down, you have to remove equally brave men like Dr. King."

The "Love Hangover" singer went on to tweet support of President Trump, whom she called a "great friend and an even greater American." And almost instantly, she was cancelled.

"This b**** hasn't had a hit in like 50 years," one Twitter user wrote. "Why does she think we give a damn how she feels?" Another user lamented, "Miss Ross has always stood on the side of equal and fair treatment of all Americans. Why this about face?"

Diana Ross was trending for the first time since stats have been kept. "Cancel Diana Ross" was hashtagged over a half million times. Tweets referencing songs that the legendary diva is famous for were plentiful. "Stop in the name of common sense Diana Ross", said one. "I guess Miss Ross really is having reflections of the way life used to be", said another. "I wonder if Diana Ross has considered what her life would've been like if the Union had SURRENDERed to those brave men she feels so strongly about?" a user questioned.

Motown legend Stevie Wonder has been an outspoken advocate for the Black Lives Matter movement and the push for equality. When asked for comment, he pointed out that he and Diana have a long history and a great friendship, but speculated that she was "back on the sauce".

Fellow girl group rival Martha Reeves, of Martha and the Vandellas fame, was asked her thoughts on her former peer's words, and the "Heat Wave" singer didn't hold back. "Evil people speak evil. I have not had a relationship with her for many, many years because when my spirit picks up that you're evil, I go in the opposite direction. I pray she sees the light. I doubt it, but I'll be praying just the same."

Mary Wilson, the last original member of the Supremes to remain with the group, also spoke out against her former singing partner. Wilson and Ross have maintained a three decades old feud stemming from the release of Wilson's autobiography, which painted Diana Ross as a spotlight narcissist, who once forced Wilson to sleep on the floor of her own relative's home, while Ross took the couch. Wilson said, "This is nothing new. Flo and I used to speak often about how we wanted to see things change for African Americans in this country back in the sixties. We were so glad to see the passages of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act the following year. This was all stuff to be so proud of. But Diane would always ask "what's the big deal"? She never looked beyond what we were doing as Supremes, making money and becoming famous. That's all she ever cared about, not equal rights. Certainly not equality within the Supremes. By the way, my new book is out..."

Even Diana's kids have come out against the singer. "What the f*** Mom," tweeted Evan Ross. "I want to say that I completely disagree with my mother," tweeted the singer's eldest daughter, Rhonda Ross Kendrick. Tracee Ellis Ross, star of the ABC hit Blackish, posted a photo of herself to Instagram, staring sadly at a photo of her mother with Nelson Mandela.

But if Diana is feeling alone now, she does have one person in her corner. In response to Diana's tweet of support, the President tweeted "Diana Ross. She's a helluva lady. Great supporter of mine. My favorite song of hers is "I Say A Little Prayer"."

"I Say A Little Prayer" was sung by Dionne Warwick.

The preceding post was satire, for the folks who might have thought it real. I know somebody who wishes it was real...tee hee hee.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post

From Billboard...

Legendary songstress Diana Ross is singing the blues after becoming the latest victim of cancel culture. The Supremes frontwoman twitted support for the maintaining of Confederate monuments.

"Those brave men stood up for what they believed in," Ross tweeted. "If you take them down, you have to remove equally brave men like Dr. King."

The "Love Hangover" singer went on to tweet support of President Trump, whom she called a "great friend and an even greater American." And almost instantly, she was cancelled.

"This b**** hasn't had a hit in like 50 years," one Twitter user wrote. "Why does she think we give a damn how she feels?" Another user lamented, "Miss Ross has always stood on the side of equal and fair treatment of all Americans. Why this about face?"

Diana Ross was trending for the first time since stats have been kept. "Cancel Diana Ross" was hashtagged over a half million times. Tweets referencing songs that the legendary diva is famous for were plentiful. "Stop in the name of common sense Diana Ross", said one. "I guess Miss Ross really is having reflections of the way life used to be", said another. "I wonder if Diana Ross has considered what her life would've been like if the Union had SURRENDERed to those brave men she feels so strongly about?" a user questioned.

Motown legend Stevie Wonder has been an outspoken advocate for the Black Lives Matter movement and the push for equality. When asked for comment, he pointed out that he and Diana have a long history and a great friendship, but speculated that she was "back on the sauce".

Fellow girl group rival Martha Reeves, of Martha and the Vandellas fame, was asked her thoughts on her former peer's words, and the "Heat Wave" singer didn't hold back. "Evil people speak evil. I have not had a relationship with her for many, many years because when my spirit picks up that you're evil, I go in the opposite direction. I pray she sees the light. I doubt it, but I'll be praying just the same."

Mary Wilson, the last original member of the Supremes to remain with the group, also spoke out against her former singing partner. Wilson and Ross have maintained a three decades old feud stemming from the release of Wilson's autobiography, which painted Diana Ross as a spotlight narcissist, who once forced Wilson to sleep on the floor of her own relative's home, while Ross took the couch. Wilson said, "This is nothing new. Flo and I used to speak often about how we wanted to see things change for African Americans in this country back in the sixties. We were so glad to see the passages of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act the following year. This was all stuff to be so proud of. But Diane would always ask "what's the big deal"? She never looked beyond what we were doing as Supremes, making money and becoming famous. That's all she ever cared about, not equal rights. Certainly not equality within the Supremes. By the way, my new book is out..."

Even Diana's kids have come out against the singer. "What the f*** Mom," tweeted Evan Ross. "I want to say that I completely disagree with my mother," tweeted the singer's eldest daughter, Rhonda Ross Kendrick. Tracee Ellis Ross, star of the ABC hit Blackish, posted a photo of herself to Instagram, staring sadly at a photo of her mother with Nelson Mandela.

But if Diana is feeling alone now, she does have one person in her corner. In response to Diana's tweet of support, the President tweeted "Diana Ross. She's a helluva lady. Great supporter of mine. My favorite song of hers is "I Say A Little Prayer"."

LMAO Lolololololololol. Love this. LOL

From Billboard...

Ran, you're so bad, its good. I am surprised, however, that you left out her Cameo work.

Ran--you win the Internet. #mademyday

Lord have mercy Ran !!!!

From Billboard...

RanRan. Your so bad. But I love this. I haven’t laughed this hard in a long time. Lol.

I've always felt you say all the things I want to say. This is way beyond that! LOL

Ran, you're so bad, its good. I am surprised, however, that you left out her Cameo work.
    That's something your president would've said. Lol "Diana put Cameo Records on the map, bigly!"

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Ran--you win the Internet. #mademyday
    Glad I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    I've always felt you say all the things I want to say. This is way beyond that! LOL
    Well Marv wanted to know, so...

That's something your president would've said. Lol "Diana put Cameo Records on the map, bigly!"
    He ain't my president! and don't you forget it or I'll have Miss Ross take your camera too.

He ain't my president! and don't you forget it or I'll have Miss Ross take your camera too.
    Oh no, don't do that! Can you imagine what becomes of a person who has his camera taken by La Ross? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!

Forever traumatized and damaged; recovery impossible

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Forever traumatized and damaged; recovery impossible
    Apparently. But what's his buddy's excuse? Geez.

Apparently. But what's his buddy's excuse? Geez.
    Love and lust make you blind sometimes RanRan.

Is that what it is?

I looked at the Tammi Terrell thread tonight and there were so many people formerly on here that actually knew the history and some of the people - they are gone and we are left with a couple of sad souls or n’er do wells or whatever they are

British Decca was largely classical.
    Well they did sign the Rolling Stones in the 60s, which made up a little for them turning down the Beatles.

When Peggy Lee reached the end of her first Capitol Records contract, she chose to sign up with Decca, in that Decca promised to green-light a recording of her version of Lover, something Capitol would not do. Subsequently, Diana Ross recorded Lover.

When Peggy Lee rejoined Capitol Records for a longer stint, she recorded White Christmas, Big Spender, The Girl From Ipanema, You've Changed, Is That All There Is, What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life and Something. Subsequently, Diana recorded them and/or performed them in concert.

Peggy recorded A Hard Day's Night in February, 1965, while Diana recorded it several months earlier, and 10 years later Peggy performed Touch Me In The Morning, perhaps trusting Diana's instincts!

So maybe it's time for Diana to trust Peggy's judgment and sign with Decca. Or maybe it is not.

While Billie Holiday, too, recorded for Decca, and while Diana had success performing some of the songs Billie did, Billie recorded I Wonder Where Our Love Has Gone for Giants of Jazz Records, and Diana scored her first big hit with Where Did Our Love Go, so maybe Diana should sign with Giants of Jazz records. Decisions, decisions...

The preceding post was satire, for the folks who might have thought it real. I know somebody who wishes it was real...tee hee hee.
    RanRan.... You really had me going through some anguish as I was reading your post. As Blanche [[Golden Girls) would say, "Devastated. Just Devastated!" As I kept reading, I kept telling myself "What will I do with all my Diana Ross collection?" because an alliance of her with that man is totally out of the question.

We will remember this, RanRan...we will remember this. Ha Ha

I can relax now.

Decca would be an odd choice. It would indicate it won't be Motown/soul stylistically. US Decca was much more known for pop, country and jazz singers, while British Decca was largely classical. If she is doing a jazz album, Verve would be the better choice. DR on Decca is very strange.
    Not strange at all, really. UK artist Shaun Escoffery just released his latest album on Decca.

Rod Stewart's most recent album was a Decca release, as was Lulu's.

Cancel culture is cancer. And Twitter is a cesspool

Diana Ross is entitled to her opinion, whether you agree or not. This makes me love her more.

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    Not strange at all, really. UK artist Shaun Escoffery just released his latest album on Decca.

Rod Stewart's most recent album was a Decca release, as was Lulu's.
    Decca is used very much for releases by heritage artists here in the UK who pick up the odd one or two album deals - there have been a raft of them in the past few years. Another label pursuing the same market is BMG Rights Management - sometimes they have great success as with Rick Astley..

From Billboard...

But if Diana is feeling alone now, she does have one person in her corner. In response to Diana's tweet of support, the President tweeted "Diana Ross. She's a helluva lady. Great supporter of mine. My favorite song of hers is "I Say A Little Prayer".".
    The left is the MOST intolerant group on the planet as they accuse the other side of doing exactly what they do. Their’s is an upside down world. I respect political diversity, and the left condemns it.

Donald Trump has always treated Diana Ross as a goddess. She does not forget his great kindnesses. Bravo Miss Ross !!!!!
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 08-17-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    The left is the MOST intolerant group on the planet as they accuse the other side of doing exactly what they do. Their’s is an upside down world. I respect political diversity, and the left condemns it.

Donald Trump has always treated Diana Ross as a goddess. She does not forget his great kindnesses. Bravo Miss Ross !!!!!
    hahahahahahahahahah!!!lololololololol. I can't stop laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    RanRan.... You really had me going through some anguish as I was reading your post. As Blanche [[Golden Girls) would say, "Devastated. Just Devastated!" As I kept reading, I kept telling myself "What will I do with all my Diana Ross collection?" because an alliance of her with that man is totally out of the question.

We will remember this, RanRan...we will remember this. Ha Ha

I can relax now.
    LOL It's the greatest fear of every fan though, isn't it? Your favorite stands for everything you stand against. How do you continue in that "relationship"? I've tossed a couple of favs to the side over the years for one reason or another [[R Kelly and Gladys Knight immediately come to mind), but it's actually been a pretty easy transition from fan to non fan. If Diana went so far into enemy territory, it really would be devastating. I'd have to have a "Simple Thing Like Cry" conversation.

hahahahahahahahahah!!!lololololololol. I can't stop laughing.
    Now that​ was funny!!

The great thing is that the article was indeed fiction. Diana Ross wouldn't be caught dead supporting such a disgusting individual as the fraud currently occupying The House That Slaves Built. If Diana died tomorrow- God forbid- I'm sure we'd get a presidential proclamation via Twitter that reads along the lines of:

"She worked for me many, many times."

lol!

Ross' main love of her life was multi-millionaire Arne Naess Jr. ..... a businessman whose dealings were in "shipping and oil, and in real estate" ...... wiki

Last edited by Boogiedown; 08-22-2020 at 03:23 AM.