[REMOVE ADS]

Natalie cole live in concert 1981

Who remember those Budweiser Superfest Concerts that they would play on the radio on Sunday nights. This is a good one from Ms Natalie Cole

This is a good one. Many years ago, someone was selling radio cds from the Westwood One Series. I was able to pick up this show of Natalie's, as well as shows of Aretha, Gladys and the Pips, Patti, and Tina Turner.

This was during her freebasing period. For her to be struggling with a sick addiction, she rocked the house that night.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    This is a good one. Many years ago, someone was selling radio cds from the Westwood One Series. I was able to pick up this show of Natalie's, as well as shows of Aretha, Gladys and the Pips, Patti, and Tina Turner.
    Wow I wish I knew about that one. I have an album of Rick James/Sister Sledge in concert and I've been searching high and love for the Frankie Beverly & Maze/Sister Sledge show from 1981 or 82.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    This was during her freebasing period. For her to be struggling with a sick addiction, she rocked the house that night.
    I was thinking the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Wow I wish I knew about that one. I have an album of Rick James/Sister Sledge in concert and I've been searching high and love for the Frankie Beverly & Maze/Sister Sledge show from 1981 or 82.
    I think someone was running an ad in Goldmine.

You might try eBay. There are probably some dealers still selling the actual vinyl that they used to send to radio stations for these concerts before they started sending cds.

Who remember those Budweiser Superfest Concerts that they would play on the radio on Sunday nights. This is a good one from Ms Natalie Cole
    I remember them very well. I was in college and use to listen to them at night at my little jobs back then.

I was thinking the same thing
    I wonder why this was never filmed. I would love to see footage!